• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should I get for my PSP?

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
  • In 3 days i'm getting my PSP and i've decided to buy two games for it shortly after. I have rounded my choices for the 2nd game to:
    The Warriors
    God of War
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    Brave Story: New traveler
    FFVII: Crisis Core
    Dragoneers Aria

I have viewed the gameplay on youtube and just can't seem to choose between them.
    BTW: My choice for the 1st game is Pursuit Force.

I would also like reasons for the choice if possible.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
    Years
  • Just for now, I think i'll stick with these games. In a few months i'll buy more and i'll look into that game. But thanks for your contribution :)

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Go God of War or MGS: Portable Ops. Those are the two best.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Well, if you're into Tactics RPGs, then get Disgaea. Even if you have it for the PS2, get it for the PSP.

First, it's a somewhat different game, focusing on Etna instead of Laharl (while still maintaining the goofy humor of the original). So you'll get a new story with it too. I mean, Etna is the best character in Disgaea, so of course everyone wants to see more of her.

Plus, there are almost no load times, compared to the previous Disgaea incarnation, which had load times for each map (and was still excellent).

Finally, the game boasts a multiplayer option that allows you to customize the rules, from many options, such as killing a lead character to even being able to level balance the map or add Geo Cubes (Geo Symbols that affect the entire field) to the map too. Almost like a Map Editor, but just with the rules.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Personally, I don't like the PSP. >_>

But if you want something somewhat-cheap, I'd go with Dynasty Warriors or Twisted Metal.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Get Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops or The Warriors. I'm not sure how The Warriors is on PSP but the PS2 version was excellent.

Years
  • If you want a game from that list then I would go with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. I would suggest these games too:

- Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition
    - Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition
    - Monster Hunter Freedom
    - Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

If you want Crisis Core you're going to have to import because it doesn't come out in Japan until the 13th of September. God of War: Chains of Olympus doesn't come out until the 23rd of January. The most you can get then is a Demo Disc that only PlayStation Underground members can get.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Crisis Core and Brave Story. I'm in the middle of Brave Story right now; it's definitely what the PSP has been missing. Beautiful graphics, an epic tale, classic turn-based combat, large cast of party members, and Yuri Lowenthal voicing the villain!!

Don't bother with the FFI&II ports, they're still on the GBA. <.<;

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
    Years
  • I won't worry with FI & II, i have it as a rom.

I haven't been able to buy the games until today so I have to make up my mind.

I think i'm gonna go with GTA: VCS or God of war.

I've already had a look around and nowhere seems to stock Brave story or any other rpgs.

Back