• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should I get?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Right, so my birthday was a week ago. And I now have loads of cash. And I want me some new video games, because I don't have enough for a decent guitar and there's nothing in particular I want to start saving for.

So anyway, I'm just looking for advice on what to get. I'm currently playing Dragon Quest 9 (it's sucking away my life @_@) and sometimes Borderlands whenever DQ isn't destroying my soul. I'm getting pretty close to done with DQ though, and Borderlands is more of an off-and-on game for me.

I have every system but PS3, cause Sony sucks.

Basically all I ever play are RPGs. I prefer JRPGs over stuff like Fallout and Oblivion (for some reason), so suggestions of an epic JRPG will be greatly appreciated. And don't suggest Super Mario Galaxy 2. Just don't.

inb4tl;dr

Oh, also, I'm really interested in Arc Rise Fantasia. So if anyone here has played that yet, lemme know what you think of it.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
  • Try Monster Hunter Tri, or Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the new world(which I'm currently playing) or You could play the Fire Emblem Series that is on wii. I'm thinking of getting Arc Rise Fantasia. Looks really good to me. You could always wait for COD Black Ops.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Arc Rise Fantasia is actually a pretty good RPG for a low-budget title. (Been playing for almost 2 days straight :O)If you can get past the terrible voice acting you should be able to enjoy since it you're a fan of JRPGs. The Wii seems to be lacking in that department for now. There's always the Tales of Symphonia sequel, but I found it terrible honestly. The 360 has Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4 and some other decent titles.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Get starcraft 2 or dawn of war. They are pretty good games. Restart one of your pokemon games or get a new one.

Starcraft 2 won't happen cause my computer is absolutely awful. I want it so bad though >_>

Try Monster Hunter Tri, or Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the new world(which I'm currently playing) or You could play the Fire Emblem Series that is on wii. I'm thinking of getting Arc Rise Fantasia. Looks really good to me. You could always wait for COD Black Ops.

I've played through ToS2 and the Fire Emblem Series. I'm not a Call of Duty fan. Monster Hunter Tri looks pretty cool actually.

Arc Rise Fantasia is actually a pretty good RPG for a low-budget title. If you can get past the terrible voice acting you should be able to enjoy since it you're a fan JRPGs. The Wii seems to be lacking in that department for now. There's always the Tales of Symphonia sequel, but I found it terrible honestly. The 360 has Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4 and some other decent titles.

Yeah everyone says the voice acting is horrible. I think I can get past that. I've wanted Tales of Vesperia for a long time. Star Ocean 4 looks cool, though I've never played a Star Ocean game. I hated Lost Odyssey for so many reasons, but I won't go into them right now.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I have every system but PS3, cause Sony sucks.

Basically all I ever play are RPGs. I prefer JRPGs over stuff like Fallout and Oblivion
    (for some reason), so suggestions of an epic JRPG will be greatly appreciated. And don't suggest Super Mario Galaxy 2. Just don't.

How the hell do you hate Sony but you love JRPGs? Every game that isn't focused on UGC or an FPS is basically a JRPG.

Don't get Star Ocean 4, it's absolutely abysmal. If you have a PSP(cause you said you have every system), get Star Ocean 1 and 2. For a DS get The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, Dragon Quest IV or V(though V is better), and wait for a few more games to come out like Super Scribblenauts and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I really have nothing to suggest for the Wii as I'm not an owner and only a handful of their games are quality, but I would suggest waiting until January…4th, 2011 IIRC for Lost in Shadow. That game looks quite amazing and almost makes me regret selling my paperweight Super Smash Bros. Brawl machine.

I'd definitely suggest Nier, but I'm afraid I really can't since I never got the opportunity to try it out. It's been bashed by the critics but it got surprisingly high praise from normal players. I also heard Professor Layton was really good.

Oh, and Kirby. For any system. All of the games are guaranteed awesome, despite being simplistic and easy.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Honestly, man? I'd either save up for a new computer (Unable to play Starcraft 2? That says somethin' bad right there.)

or save that money for when the 3DS comes out along with all it's AWESOME launch titles.

But that's just me.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • If you have a capable gaming computer I recommend garrys mod. It isnt so much of a game, but it is fairly cheap, you can buy it off of steam, and create videos, images and play multiplayer.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • It's not an RPG, but they added some RPG elements to it despite it being an action game: Metroid Other M.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • How the hell do you hate Sony but you love JRPGs? Every game that isn't focused on UGC or an FPS is basically a JRPG.

Don't get Star Ocean 4, it's absolutely abysmal. If you have a PSP(cause you said you have every system), get Star Ocean 1 and 2. For a DS get The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, Dragon Quest IV or V(though V is better), and wait for a few more games to come out like Super Scribblenauts and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I really have nothing to suggest for the Wii as I'm not an owner and only a handful of their games are quality, but I would suggest waiting until January…4th, 2011 IIRC for Lost in Shadow. That game looks quite amazing and almost makes me regret selling my paperweight Super Smash Bros. Brawl machine.

I'd definitely suggest Nier, but I'm afraid I really can't since I never got the opportunity to try it out. It's been bashed by the critics but it got surprisingly high praise from normal players. I also heard Professor Layton was really good.

Oh, and Kirby. For any system. All of the games are guaranteed awesome, despite being simplistic and easy.

I have to agree on the rpgs and sony stuff. look at a ps2 and tell me that that system was not made on rpgs. it has an large large volume of incredible rpgs that you could go and pick up cheap at gamestop or somethin to pass time for no money. and for ds how could you not mention chrono trigger. i also reccomend puzzle quest 2 or pq challenge of warlords. not galactrix tho. now for the granddaddy of all suggestions.... wait for it.... wait for it.....SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2!!!!

Back