• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should I name my character?

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    So In November I will be playing Alpha Sapphire. I have a couple names in mind but i'm so indecisive I need you guys to help me choose :P

Boy Names
    Indigo- (Usual guy name I use, I needed a color of my own to use)
    Kuwabara- (Favorite Anime Character)
    Brendan
    Peyton- My real name
    Kamina
    Charles Wallace

Girl Names
    Violet (If thats allowed)
    Keiko
    Usagi
    May
    Meg
    Sapphire (manga name)

feel free to offer some :)

Years
  • I tend to use names that mean something to me, or my first name. From those you've listed, I liked Indigo for the boy and Usagi for the girl. But that's just my opinion!

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Whenever I play Hoenn, I always name myself Flair, after the wrestler Ric Flair who is famous for his white mullet. For the longest time I thought Brendan had long white hair until I realised it was actually his hat.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Whenever I play Hoenn, I always name myself Flair, after the wrestler Ric Flair who is famous for his white mullet. For the longest time I thought Brendan had long white hair until I realised it was actually his hat.
    I think at one point everyone thought that was his hair xD

Years
  • Whenever I play Hoenn, I always name myself Flair, after the wrestler Ric Flair who is famous for his white mullet. For the longest time I thought Brendan had long white hair until I realised it was actually his hat.
    Dang it, now I'm going to never look at him the same again. I never once thought of the character looking like Ric Flair until now. And I must say, that is a hilarious thing to think about. xD

Years
  • I name my character Troy, after me, but when I play as May sometimes I decide to choose a female name. Depends n__n;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    In your lists, I like Brendan or Peyton for the male character, and May or Violet for the female. :) Brendan and May for obvious reasons, but in general, I like "real" names more, and I'm not a fan of Japanese names, so I narrowed it down to those.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I usually just use whatever name I like at the time I get the game... if I ever reboot, or play a second copy of that region, then I guess I pick a name that suits whatever theme the run will have.

First/Main files:
    Momoko (Female) (Sapphire, Pearl, Soulsilver, Firered) cuz I liked that name, and at the time going from game to game was one pig advanture
    Yume (Female) (White) Don't remember why, TBH. Well, I picked the girl as always, and Yume is a cute name, and it means Dream, and dreams was one of the things Gen 5 had going for it
    Rosa (Female) (Y) I ALWAYS liked that name, and I actually wanted to use that on the female in White2, once I learned that was a default name. Never got around to it, so I redirected that towards my Y character's name.

Second files:
    Yuki (Male)(2nd Firered run, original Diamond run, 2nd Sapphire run, Pearl/Original FR Rival's name) I like that name back then as well. I figured my second runs where always my rival's version of the game, so... yeah.
    Taya (Female) (Platinum) just a random name I picked out of nowhere, actually.
    Momoko (Female) (Ruby) cuz I wanted to relive my first Pokemon game. and Ruby was the closest game I had to that. Yeah.
    Mickey (Male) (2nd Diamond run) was gonna be doing a KH themed challenge and got Mickey, but than I just decided to solo with my starter. but yeah. named after the theme.

Years
  • In your lists, I like Brendan or Peyton for the male character, and May or Violet for the female. :) Brendan and May for obvious reasons, but in general, I like "real" names more, and I'm not a fan of Japanese names, so I narrowed it down to those.

How are Brendan and May not real names? Or are you referring to the colours?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    How are Brendan and May not real names? Or are you referring to the colours?

The colors, yes. I mean technically, Violet's a color too, but it's also a relatively common name compared to Indigo or Sapphire.

Years
  • How about Awesome? No, I'm kidding, for the male, why not name him Justin? And for the female, why not Marissa?

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • I always name my character either Natsu (after Natsu from Fairy Tail), Storm or Brony. Never played as the female character though haha.

Years
  • Huh. Violet was the name I always used when I played, which was about 60% of the time, as a kid. I dunno why I did, though :/

I think that Peyton would be best for males, personally, and for females either Violet (lol), Keiko or Usagi. No need to use generic canon names :p

I think the best char names are those that mean something to you, or you choose to represent yourself. I tend to choose some really weird names, but I haven't ever done any as a reference to anything. Do whatever feels right for you c:

Back