• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What should my last Pokemon be?

cokeboyz

Coke boy 'til they bury me.
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    In my Pokemon LeafGreen Version, I have every badge except for Sabrina and Giovanni (yes, I skipped Saffron's gym) and only have five party Pokemon:

Charizard (Montana) Lvl 44
    Dragonair (Charlie) Lvl 44
    Sandslash (Cheeze) Lvl 43
    Pidgeot (Flip) Lvl 44
    Raichu (Chinx) Lvl 44

(Yes, my Pokemon are name after Coke Boyz)

I would like to add one more Pokemon to my party, which should I get?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    If I were you, I'd add either a Psychic or Ghost type. Here are some suggestions:
    Starmie -It's Psychic+Water, you're missing both types in your team. Plus Starmie's awesome.
    Kadabra/Alakazam - A Psychic Pokemon which has a high Sp. Attack, and can help you a lot against Agathe of the E4.
    Jynx - It's dual type will surely help you beat Giovanni (Ice attacks for his ground Pokemon, Psychic for Nidoking/Nidoqueen). It'll also help you against the E4 (Agathe & Lance).
    Haunter/Gengar - It's basically the only ghost Pokemon you can acquire right now xD And it'll be great against Sabrina and Agathe.

Perico

Ripper
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    You could beat them both with a Sharpedo or a Crawdaunt, but, since you can't trade with RSE yet, I would add some water-type Pokémon (maybe Seadra (you'll be able to make him evolve into an amazing Kingdra later) or Starmie). Why? Well, you don't have any water-type in your team and the only one who can learn a water move is Dragonair. Maybe you would like to use him? If so, just choose a bug-type Pokémon so you will be able to beat Sabrina and then use Dragonair against Giovanni.
    Personally, I would include some water Pokémon in your team because you can perfectly defeat Sabrina with your current team.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • It seems a bit weird to me that you would have both a Charizard and Pidgeot, since you only need one with fly, but meh, thats your choice ^^ I'd suggest a water type as well. Aside from Sandslash and perhaps Dragonair, rock/ground types are sort of a bane to this team. Besides, surf. Good move, necessary HM, and hits both opponents. Perfect for journey teams ^^ I'd suggest Starmie, for coverage. Both fast and a good attacker, I'm sure the genderless-space-related-star-shaped-creepy-alien-Pokemon wiill be a great asset. Teach it ice beam, and I'm pretty sure Lance will not longer be much of a threat in the elite four.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Get a Starmie. I will help with Lance and Giovanni

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
    Years
  • I raised a Tyranotaur on Firered, i'm not quite sure if you can get one in Leafgreen, but if you can trade something for one it is more than worth it as they are very powerful if you teach it earthquake and some nice fighting moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    I'd do Starmie because you don't have either a Water or Psychic type and its Ice Beam will help you take care of Lance.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Already mentioned multiple times, but go with Starmie. Train it well, and it could easily sweet Lance, and Sabrina shouldn't be a problem.

Yay for Psychic/Water types!

Back