• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should the Kalos legendaries be called?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I find it funny that people continue to say this, like they know something we other players don't about the next game. I know its a little off topic here but i really wish people would quit saying this because the similarities between Zygarde and Mewtwo's situation are very similar when it comes to there appearances in the games and as we all know there was never a Pokemon game made for mewtwo. The only difference is that Mewtwo got movie time.

Back to the subject, the Mortality Duo makes alot of sense. Even though its obvious with Zygarde ,being 718 right after Yvelta and Xerneus, thathe IS som sort of legendary and he would fit in being the mix to make them a "trio". But until an official name release is made for them, we can all just call them whatever we want to. :)

You're comparing it to Mewtwo when shouldn't you be comparing it to Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyruem instead?

Reactions: Nah

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Life, Death, and Order... Mortality trio it is. The name is not that important to me because there are only three legendaries in Kalos; thus, Kalos trio means what it means. Meanwhile, other generations have too many legendaries, and those legends with similarities in design/backstory could benefit from having such labels.

Years
    I just call 'em the XYZ trio, though I believe Bulbapedia or some other fanbase made up the term "Mortality Duo (Trio)."

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The names X and Y reference chromosomes, apparently, and not axis, so it'd make more sense if they were named Chromosomal Trio or something along the line. Mortality doesn't sound too bad either, though.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I just called them the "letter trio" or "XYZ" before I saw this. Anyone want to be weird with me? I didn't know they needed a name. I like the Axis idea, though, and Mortality seems to be the common consensus, but it doesn't flow very well off the tongue.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The names X and Y reference chromosomes, apparently, and not axis, so it'd make more sense if they were named Chromosomal Trio or something along the line. Mortality doesn't sound too bad either, though.

Only problem with that is there isn't a Z chromosome (except in chickens and some fish and insects, which have Z and W chromosomes, but then what would the W be?). It sounds good though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    im pretty sure theyre officially referred to as the mortality trio. xerneas gives eternal life, yveltal takes life away, zygarde negates their abilities so people and pokemons lifespans are normal.

even if it isnt official it makes perfect sense due to how i just described it

Back