• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What single Pokemon would you have as a pet in real life?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    I'd probably have Spidops. I know a lot of people don't like spiders, but honestly i find them cute.
    He would be my buddy and my house guard lol.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Maybe none. Is not in the right mindset or place to give it a good life. Might adjust, though. Picks something low maintenance, if forced, like Porygon. Could be like owning a desktop pet from old games. Seems unlikely to cause any major damage (like a Fire-type would).

Avoids Porygon2, though. Installed AI into that one. Heard about what happened to Microsoft's AI chatbot. What would you do with a Porygon2 after that? Can you wipe its memory and start anew?

Years
    Probably a cat Pokemon.

Delcatty doesn't like keeping a permanent home so I guess it's out. Skitty would get fascinated by something random like a butterfly and run off never to be seen again =\
    Espeon would be a good candidate... if it deems me worthy... would it though? 🤔
    Torracat... can leave it's trainer's body in scratches so I'll pass too. Litten is a fire hazard and doesnt want my affection T^T
    Meowstic... only if male.. the females are spoiled and will torment you with their psychic powers if they don't get what they want. Espurr is constantly trying to restrain it's psychic powers.
    Persian has attitude problems, Meowth I'd have to hide anything shiny.
    Glaameow and Purugly also got attitude problems =P
    Purrloin is a cute thief.

Sprigatito seems the best candidate even if it gives off a scent that makes you focus on it completely lol

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I like to think of my cat as an Eevee (but grey like its GSC Shiny), so I choose that!

What single Pokemon would you have as a pet in real life?

I can easily imagine having a Leafeon IRL, so I'd be tempted to evolve him into one. Lots of plant fossils around here that one might interpret as Leaf Stones. Lots of iron around here too though so maybe I should hold off a couple more gens to see if we get a Steel-type Eeveelution.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unconventional answer, but I'll take Alakazam.

I want the honor of being crushed by a 5000 IQ being in chess.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Weavile! I'd get to walk around town with it riding on my back! They are smart, strong, very capable in battle if someone would be foolish enough to attack me, and are known to work in packs, which means that if I get on its good side, it'll be fiercely loyal.

Days
    I also wanted to say Alakazam, having something that has 5000IQ near me would great.
    And maybe Alolan Exeggutor - it would probably look more like a plant than a pet, but looking at that pokemon just makes me smile so having it in my house would cheer me up.

Back