• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what slaved pokemon do you use?

dekup

"Be soulful. Be kind. Be in love " Rumi
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    So, I have entered hall of fame, and before doing the delta episode I have decided to make an exploration journey to explore every corner of Hoenn region, catch every pokemon and get every single item out there.

But, certain moves are required of course, so let me slave few pokemon(harsh term though).

Those are my slaved pokemon, after level them up and teach the proper moves:

Wailord
    what slaved pokemon do you use?

Dive+Surf+Waterfall

Aggron

Cut+Strength+Rock Smash
    Thunder Wave(To capture pokemon)

Ninjask

Flash+Dig
    False Swipe(To capture pokemon)

Unfezant

Fly
    (yup there is soaring, but I still like to fly)​

What do you think about this combination, any ideas or suggestion? what pokemon do you slave?

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    I used to use Marill and Zigzaggoon as HM Slaves. Marill learns almost all the HMs except Cut and Rock Climb (which is only a gen 4 thing) and Ziggy is a pretty decent HM slave for an early game mon.

As for your question, I'm not too much of a fan of using multiple slaves soooo your team isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Years
  • i used a linoone and a wailord lol.

i'm gonna use all the pokes in my trade shop for sun and moon to fulfill my utility needs :D i've basically got every utility need covered :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hey, I did the same thing you did! I went through all the routes in Hoenn after I beat the Elite Four. However, I only used one Pokemon as a catching mon (I think it was Breloom, because it can learn False Swipe? I think?) and just taught the Pokemon I caught the HMs if I needed.

In general, I don't really use HM slaves. I don't like the idea of wasting a team slot.

Years
  • Hey, I did the same thing you did! I went through all the routes in Hoenn after I beat the Elite Four. However, I only used one Pokemon as a catching mon (I think it was Breloom, because it can learn False Swipe? I think?) and just taught the Pokemon I caught the HMs if I needed.

In general, I don't really use HM slaves. I don't like the idea of wasting a team slot.

i went through hoenn to catch every single pokemon there was for my living dex including the hidden ones that appear after the elite 4. used my 20th anniv mew to catch pokemon hahha.

dekup

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    I used to use Marill and Zigzaggoon as HM Slaves. Marill learns almost all the HMs except Cut and Rock Climb (which is only a gen 4 thing) and Ziggy is a pretty decent HM slave for an early game mon.

As for your question, I'm not too much of a fan of using multiple slaves soooo your team isn't exactly my cup of tea.

multiple slaves is not a good choice yes, but since it is only for exploration, it is an opportunity to try different pokemon :)

i used a linoone and a wailord lol.

i'm gonna use all the pokes in my trade shop for sun and moon to fulfill my utility needs :D i've basically got every utility need covered :P

good for you, I really need to catch linoone too

Hey, I did the same thing you did! I went through all the routes in Hoenn after I beat the Elite Four. However, I only used one Pokemon as a catching mon (I think it was Breloom, because it can learn False Swipe? I think?) and just taught the Pokemon I caught the HMs if I needed.

slaves are not good in early game play, because you need every possible pokemon, so just sacrifice one move of one of the capable pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    I use Sharpedo for Surf/Dive/Waterfall and Linoone for Cut/Rock Smash/Strength

I need to get a catcher Smeargle

Years
  • The only real HM Slave I seem to have in my game right now is a Linoone, who I mainly use for Cut purposes.

Years
  • Sigilyph is my flyer, I have a spare Zangoose for catching, and Samurott is my water buddy (Dive, Surf, Waterfall). Those are really my main go-to's for now lol

dekup

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    I use Sharpedo for Surf/Dive/Waterfall and Linoone for Cut/Rock Smash/Strength

I need to get a catcher Smeargle

Multiple moves per pokémon, I don't asume that you use them for battels?

dekup

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    Sigilyph is my flyer, I have a spare Zangoose for catching, and Samurott is my water buddy (Dive, Surf, Waterfall). Those are really my main go-to's for now lol

I see that Samurott is not so common, good choice

I used Swampert for Surf, Altria for Fly, zigzagoon for rock smash/cut and a peppler for waterfall.

can pelipper do waterfall?! That is news me

I use Latias to soar around, but my actual Flyer is Skarmory.

I used to use my starter (Sceptile) for Cut/Strength, although I would delete those moves later when they're not longer needed because I'd hate to see HM moves on my starter.

Latios is for Surf.

That's all the relevant ones, really. All the other HMs I don't really care for/taught them to temporary 'mons before depositing them in the PC, I think. :x

wow, I used to used Sceptile to cut too, and delete it later

well if you're lucky u might get my utility hm slave pikachu for sun and moon :p best hm slave hehe

LoL, I will not refuse that one of course {XD}{XD}{XD}

My HM slave is usually Linoone. But sometimes I need to use a Water-type Pokémon to Dive/Waterfall

So you will need to swap your pokemon often, and that can be boring sometime

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • LoL, I will not refuse that one of course {XD}{XD}{XD}

it knows fly, surf, rock smash and strength :P perfect for victory road and your travelling needs :P also can learn dig and flash too but u don't really need dig tbh...only missing cut (not needed late game tbh) and waterfall and dive but hm... i don't think there's any divespots at all in XY and i think ppl complained a lot about too much water in gen3 that Alola probaly won't have any divespots :P

it's also fun for trolling gym leaders and NPCs hhahaha. fly and dig...

Last edited:
    Back