• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What solo run 'mons have you used?

JaqoBot

Jaqo
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I was just wondering what is your most recent or favorite Pokémon that you've used in a solo run? I've recently done a Starmie solo run of soul silver and was curious about other people's solo run experiences.
    Starmie's move set:
    • Thunderbolt
    • Ice beam
    • Psychic
    • Surf
    Modest nature
    Pros of using Starmie
    • Good defense and special defense
    • Great special attack and speed so it one shot almost everything
    • Versatile move set with lots of coverage
    • No need to catch a surf slave because he knows surf
    :)

Years
    In pokemon crystal i've done a solo run with my starter pokemon Cyndaquil he eventually evolved into the almighty Typhlosion

Moveset
    -Fire punch
    -Thunder punch
    -Sunny day
    -Flamethrower

Pros
    -Good attack and special attack
    -Pretty awesome speed
    -One shots pretty much everything with Flamethrower

Cons
    -Moveset could be a bit better
    -Pretty fragile against Ground type pokemon and moves
    -Ain't that strong until it's final evolution

Last edited:

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
    I started two solos, one with Skittyy in Sapphire and one with Ponyta in X.

I have finished neither. Got to the Wattson in Sapphire and Grant in X and was just hopelessly stuck.

Skitty has great status moves like Sing and whatnot, but it can do close to nothing against Wattson's Magneton. I've tried to get lucky and win so any times, to no avail D:

And don't even get me started on Ponyta against Relicanth...

Last edited:

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    When I was playing Red version, I ended up only levelling Charmander, so ended up solo running with just Charizard. It worked pretty well overall. The Elite Four and Champion were extremely tough, but I didn't get too stuck, Unfortunately, that was years ago so I can't remember what skillset my Charizard had..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm not fond of solo runs myself, as I enjoy having a full team and raising as much as I can. The variety of Pokemon you can get is just too great of an opportunity for me to waste, ahaha. But I did attempt a Venusaur solo run long ago on LeafGreen. I couldn't handle just having one Pokemon anymore after beating Blaine's gym though, so I added a bunch of random stuff like Ninetales and Dugtrio to my team to fill it out, but by that point, Venusar was level 71 and the other 5 were at 40 so guess who handled most of the Elite Four? lol I was surprised I even got the others to 40 at the very least.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    It's not a solo run, but I recently did a Yooka-Laylee duo run (Kecleon and Noibat) on Omega Ruby. Yooka had Protean to make it easier.

Back when I was a noob, I practically did a solo run with my starter in LeafGreen and Crystal.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Solo runs kinda bore me tbh. I really like planning full teams so a challenge that takes that away is kinda bleh imo. I tried to do a Starly only run in Diamond a few years back but didn't get too far, haha.

Back