• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What starter did you choose?

Which starter did you pick in Unova?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    On my white playthrough, I gave myself all three (traded them from Black) so I could see which one I liked, so I would use that on Black. I settled with Tepig, because it could deal massive damage and also had some decent durability with its health. I also got Pansage by getting Tepig :D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    In White I chose Oshawott because I loved Dewott at the time.

In Black I chose Snivy because I love the Grass-type an d wanted to raise it into a Serperior.

Years
    I chose Snivy for only one reason, I wanted to get myself a female Panpour which my friend was looking for.
    After I realised it was a decent choice now it is my favourite of the three.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Originally I wanted to start with Tepig, being the cutest of them all (I usually start with the Fire Pokemon), but now I'm in love with Serperior <3. I never really liked the grass Pokémon, but Serperior and the pre-evo's are one of my favourite Starter lines (Ranking close to Typhlosion & co).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    I chose Oshawott. It was the first starter I saw in the released pictures online. x]

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I chose Oshawott because I always chose the water starter, except for Soul silver where I chose Cyndaquil.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I am currently using snivy. I originally used Oshawott in my first play.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Well in every Pokemon game I always choose the Fire type starter...
    In Kanto I chose Charmander
    In Johoto I choose Cyndaqiul
    In Hooen I choose Torchic
    In Sinnoh I choose Chimchar
    And
    In Unova I choose Tepig

I really love Fire type Pokemons.....

Years
    I just realized that the basic stats of the starters STILL haven't changed for their respective types. Grass types are better at defense/speed, Fire types are better at attack/speed, and Water types have all-around stats...

I chose Oshawott on my first run through and am going through the second with Snivy.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    At first when they were released, I had my heart set on a Tepig....then I saw the final evolutions e_e

And so, Osshawott was my choice! Snivy didn't appeal to me, I think it's because I prefer mammal pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back