• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What starter did you choose?

Which starter did you pick in Unova?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I loved the Unova starters, they all have good designs - but which one eventually became your partner?

What starter did you choose?

Snivy, the Grass-type snake Pokemon?
    Snivy is very defensive based and has good Speed, but low offensive stats and HP.

Tepig, the Fire-type pig Pokemon?
    Tepig is more offensive based and has good HP, but slightly lower defensive stats and Speed.

Oshawott, the Water-type sea otter Pokemon?
    Oshawott is the all-rounder of the group with very balanced stats although it leans towards more of an attacker than a defender.

Vote in the poll above!

In Black, I chose Oshawott as my starter cos I like him and I often choose Water Starters.

Last edited:

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • On my first play though. I chose Snivy. Then I erased everything and chose Oshawott... now I'm planning on going back and choosing Snivy agian. o.O
    I am indecisive.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I chose Oshawott in White. Oshawott looked very cool Pokémon first time I saw it. And now I'm glad I made that decision, Samurott is strong and have good moves.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I went with Tepig on White, felt like I needed the extra power Tepig and its evolutionary line had to help get through the majority of the game, thank god I was right on that one haha. By the 7th gym I was dropping my opponent's Pokes like flies with Emboar's Hammer Arms and Heat Crashes lol.

Also nicknamed my Tepig Hibuta too.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I chose Tepig since it's based on pigs and I love pigs. And it's cute too!

And it turns out that Emboar seems to be a nice Pokemon as well, based on its Pokedex entry in Black. So I'm quite happy with my choice. :)

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott because I love water starters.
    And to my mind, it was the cuter of them, I'm not really crazy about Tepig or Snivy design...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Oshawott. I couldn't decide between Tepig (I usually always start with Fire) and Snivy (I think Snivy's design is the best out of the three), so I chose Oshawott just on a whim. Not regretting it at all, though. Especially with the lack of decent (imo) Water-type Pokémon in Unova.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    When I first got the game I was deadset on Oshawott. My first playthrough was the only time I chose it though. Now when I restart a new game I usually choose Tepig.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • The first time I played I chose Tipig, but I've used em all on different play throughs.

This is my least favorite line up of starters, but I dont hate em either

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I chose Oshawot, because every single game I choose the water starters first. Because water was my favourite type when I was younger. Now the bugs have replaced water as top dog but as there is no bug starters I still always choose the water type.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I have already used Tepig and Oshawott. I tried picking Snivy up first, but the game got REAL hard ( I don't know why) somewhere in the early-game. Samurott is a beast.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott in my Pokemon White game because when my brother, his friend, and I planned to get the game and choose different starters from each other, I accidentally snatched my brother's friend's choice. Now he had to get Snivy. Oops.

However, I've grown attached to Oshawott, not minding its stats at first. It made a really great comrade later in my playthrough. Although if I haven't leveled my Samurott up that much after reaching level 64 (I think), I do know who's going to be the proud mother of a family of nicely-trained little Oshawotts.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back