• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What starter is yours?

Which type will you choose?

• Grass or Fighting

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Water or Dark

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Fire or Psychic

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    What!? Am I the only one who likes the wittle monkey!? :surprised: Oh, well ^^
    Monkey! I'll teach him to pickpocket people ^^ mwahahahahaha!

EDIT: Oh, man! I just realised something o.O; Ack, no...no, I couldn't...

notgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayit...

That monkey sure has gass problems! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! /runs away, giggling madly/

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I wish the kangaroo pokemon was a starter:( . It looks cool + tough but i'll pick the penguin since that looks cute:classic: . I really hate the cat and the monkey:\

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    So I know who made the fake starters. He goes by Purplekekleon at Deviantart.com. His work is awesome. Go ahead and check him out.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    *is probably never going to be able to afford the game let alone a DS for like a year* ...XD

Anyway, I guess I'd choose water for the sake of the penguin thingy. XD Though I admit that turtle starter is kinda cute too. X3~

~Kelsey

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    tyranisneasel said:
    Okay, here are the real starters. They are not Dark/Psy/Fight so now we know.
    Water
    What starter is yours?

Fire
    What starter is yours?

Grass
    What starter is yours?

Well, there's nothing stopping them from having Dark/Psy/Fight as their other types...

aragornbird: Would you prefer Water/Flying? I'd rather go with Water/Ice...

And why isn't my answer a choice in the poll??

Saru129

Fire User
    Years
    I have always liked the fire type starter. Although I picked Totodile in GSC...but anyways I'd go with the Fire type.

Arsenic Dimentia

*drools*
    Years
    I actually found the 'fake' starters by purplekecleon to be more entertaining. I really liked the kangaroo and the dinosaur ones! But since those aren't the real starters, I suppose I'd choose Hikozaru (the fire-type monkey).

Pocchama (the water-type penguin) is pretty cute, but penguins just aren't as cool as monkeys are. And Naetoru (the grass-type turtle) is just plain ol' ugly, so definitely not. -_-;;

Can't wait for Pearl and Diamond to be released!! ^-^

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    I have always loved the water starter and that's not changing. I'm going with Pochama the cute penguin!!!

@aragornbird: Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is very unlikely that Pochama will evolve in to something other than a water/ice type. I know that combination sucks, but is a penguin.

Years
    It depends on what type the first/second gyms are, I'll either choose the grass or water starter, because the fire starter is really ugly imo.

It also depends on their evolutions, because if the last evolution is ugly, I wont get that one.

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
    I probably take the water starter the first time since I always pick the cutest. Then the second time through, I pick the grass one. I don't really like the fire monkey.

Spencer

-_-
    Years
    I am probably going to get the Penguin pokemon or the grass one. I can't wait to find out what their evo's look like. :P

growlithe70

Fire/Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    Well...

i wud choose all of them if i could. but i would have to go with a water type. I NEED A GOOD PIC FOR MY AVATAR!!! i am new...

growlithe70

Fire/Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    Which One?

Would you pick a Scizor, a Flareon, a Gengar, a Raichu, a Rayquaza, or a Groudon at level 80 for the Elite Four?

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Um, Growlithe, your second post is SPAM. It's a bit off-topic, ne? We're talking about the new starters in this thread, not the Elite 4. ^^;

Anywhoo, I shall pick *points to avvie* Naetoru. As said in another thread, it's really growing on me, and I've always loved turtles/tortoises. *wants one as a pet really bad* Throughout my games it's been...

Pikachu & Charmander (Yellow)
    Chikorita (Gold)
    Mudkip (Ruby)

So I guess if I wanted a pattern I'd pick Hikozaru, but meh... I want my cutie turtle! I just have to think of a suitable name now. ^.^

growlithe70

Fire/Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    well, srry then. i do need help with an avatar and a signature. can you help me?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Try posting in a different more relevant thread (ie not here).

I've got a love for Grass starters ever since my very first Bulbasaur back in the RBY days. So I guess I'm trying the Grass starter again.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    I'll pick the fire starter for sure. I like the monkey, and it will most likely become a huge gorilla in the end, and in flames too. And I hate penguins and turtles. It would be funny if the turtle becomes grass/water or grass/ground (a water or a land turtle :P). But King Kong will rape them all for sure. And it cool even at it's first evolution.

Back