• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What strategy and Pokemon did you use to defeat Cynthia?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
  • Wow! That's cool! You're one heck of a challenger. I can never go on Pokemon battles without six Pokemons with me. :D I salute you!

It helps when three of the four Pokemon are over twenty levels higher than Cynthia's. :P

I'm just lucky she didn't have any fire-type moves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2011
    I used:
    Samurott on 87lvl (and that was pretty enough to put her down)
    Chandelure 7x
    Hydreigon 7x
    Dragonite 76
    Haxorus 5x
    Archeops 6x

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • The Pokemon I used to battle Cynthia were:

Typhlosion
    Torterra
    Samurott
    Scolipede
    Klinklang
    Reshiram

So, what was the feeling after you defeated Cynthia? Was she hard or just "okay"? You should have indicated it since it is part of this thread. :)

I used:
    Samurott on 87lvl (and that was pretty enough to put her down)
    Chandelure 7x
    Hydreigon 7x
    Dragonite 76
    Haxorus 5x
    Archeops 6x

Can you clarify more of the levels of your Pokemons? And please indicate the feeling after you have defeated her. :)

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I used my in-game team to defeat Cynthia. I swept her 6-0 because I sent out my Lilligant first and got 6 Quiver Dances while she had Spiritomb out. None of her Pokemon stood a chance after that. She was easy because she just used Double Team, allowing me to set up on her.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
  • I used my in-game team(Samurott,Unfezant,Musharna,Zebstrika,Stunfisk and Volcarona). She was okay ...
    I have a philosophy,if you can beat Red with two Sunkerns(and not have any of those faint),you can beat any trainer you want with your in-game team,tat you spent a lot of time,picking and training.

Years
  • She was easy, I used:
    Darmanitan
    Lucario
    Hydreigon
    Gliscor
    Rotom-W
    and Vaporeon

I took out her Spiritomb with a OHKO (Sheer Force + STAB) Flare Blitz by Darmanitan, and switched him out against Milotic for Rotom-W who used Thunder twice, and defeated her. Then her Garchomp took him out. I sent out Hydreigon who at level 65 was somehow faster and used Dragon Pulse. Her Braviary was defeated by Vaporeon's Ice Beam (2 hits), and Eelektross was defeated by two of Lucario's Aura Spheres. Her Lucario was beaten by mine with another Aura Sphere.

I only lost Rotom-W due to low speed, but she was overall easy

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Team - Charizard, Gengar, Emboar, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Palkia. All within mid to late 70s level wise.

Strategy - Lure in and take out opposing Garchomp ASAP by any means necessary. Cynthia started with Spiritomb while I bought out Palkia (Grngokillr) and immediately dropped the Spiritomb with a Spacial Rend. She sent out her Garchomp next which was just what I was anticipating and immediately bought back Palkia to send out my Garchomp (Homocide) as well, my Garchomp may have been a few levels lower than Cynthia's but it was faster thank the lord and I landed a pair of Dragon Claw strikes before she nailed me with a Dragon Rush, the first one missed but the second connected nearly fainting mine, both of our Garchomps were in the red and I thought about bringing out Hydreigon (Ghidora) at first but decided to keep Homocide in and finish her Garchomp off with a final Dragon Claw, Cynthia thought she could outspeed and KO me with another Dragon Rush but that risk ended up screwing her over indefinitely as Ghidora and Grngokillr cleaned up the rest of her team with minimal effort.

Back