• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What team led you to beat the Elite four first time

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
Just found my White cart so I loaded it up, my team:
500.png
521.png
537.png
547.png
584.png
612.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
Conkeldurr
Archeops
Simisear
Samurott

Samurott and sissear didnt even get used, Archeops did most of the work with his dark attacks and I think Conkeldurr deafeated One member by himself. Each pokemon was Level 52-55

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
My first time ever playing White... The team that led me to beating the Elite 4 was...

An incredibly overlevelled Samurott.

XD

What can I say? The first time I played it, it was actually in Japanese... I couldn't understand a word of what I was reading, and the only reference I had to go by was Marriland's walkthrough of the Japanese version, so I didn't really have enough knowledge to build an entire team.

Sadly, my Japanese copy ended up breaking... It's a shame, too, because I loved having a Japanese copy. :(

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
My team was only Emboar, Scrafty and Zebstrika if I remember correctly. Honestly, the E4 isn't a great challenge, and even just casually playing through the game will result in enough grinding to beat the Champion with some revives and clever use of items. It's the Wifi battles that start to get real competitive and fun.

LxDarkrai

The Nightmare
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
For White
Serperior
Beartic
Krookodile
Carracosta
Haxorus
Swoobat

I remember training them harder then ever, and I spent days grinding them to 60 before the Elite Four because I wanted to total clear. And yes, I didn't use any Pokemon other than those in my adventure....The first gym was clearly a pain.....

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Here are my Hall of Famers:

White:
Krookodile
Braviary
Vanilluxe
Galvantula
Cofragius
Conkeldurr

Black2:
Lucario
Flygon
Mandibuzz
Lapras
Magmortar
Magnezone

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Black: Emboar, Samurott, Gigalith, Sigilyph, Galvantula, Haxorus.
Black 2: Lucario, Starmie, Arcanine, Jolteon, Heracross, Unfezant.

White: Emboar, Simisage, Excadrill, Azumarill, Gothitelle, Galvantula.
White 2: Serperior, Golduck, Electivire, Espeon, Darmanitan, Aerodactyl.

Aethera

is fabulous
Years
Black: Samurott, Archeops, Darmanitan, Galvantula, Excadrill, Lilligant

White 2: Lucario, Magnezone, Braviary, Haxorus, Volcarona, Jellicent

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, I've only ever fully played Black 2, and that was about 1 year ago, though I'm pretty sure I can remember the entire team. The team consisted of Emboar, Krookodile, Magnezone, Unfezant, and a Leavanny. I didn't have a sixth spot, since I'd reserved it for a Water type, which I never really found any useful of. The first 3 in particular did exceptionally well, and pretty much carried the team all the way through. Even though Leavanny was on level with all of them, it had just gotten too weak at that point, and wasn't that much help. Unfezant had fallen kinda short on levels. They both did contribute though, however both were replaced once I found some suitable replacements, unfortunately :( I also later ended up trading away my Magnezone for a Tyranitar, because I thought Tyranitar was rare in the games. I was kinda wrong though, and I really regretted that trade, since I loved that Magnezone :(

I didn't really have much trouble at all with the E4 until I reached Iris. I think it was her Hydreigon and Haxorus (I believe she only had one of each?) that really threw me off track, and I ended up having to make up move patterns and basically just rely on luck to beat her, since I definitely didn't want to do the entire E4 over again. I eventually powered through, and rejoiced! Praise Helix.

victini91

Star of the Victory
Years
Mine's consisted of Samurott Lv.84, Mienshao Lv.66, Sigilyph Lv.70, Hydreigon Lv.64, Excadrill Lv.60 and Ferrothorn Lv.60. Eventually, I only use 4 of them in beating all E4

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
In my original run of White, I had a tough time finding Pokemon I liked enough to actually use on my team. I ended up running through with this team of only four:

Emboar
Liepard
Sigilyph
Excadrill

All in their late 50s-early 60s. This playthrough was where I learned how broken Excadrill was. Lol

In BW2, I ended up trying to use some Pokemon I never tried before. I ended up with this:

Emboar
Ampharos
Delcatty
Sandslash
Banette
Skarmory

I got each one to lvl. 57 and didn't have much trouble, though the lack of surf meant a lot of switching out had to be done to progress.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
Mine in White was [all named after Homestuck characters]

Samurott [Dirk]
Simisear [Pyralspite]
Krookodile [Dave]
Eelektross [Sollux]
Mienshao [Nepeta]
Hydreigon [Terezi]

Special mention to WV the Zekrom for pretty much being near-mandatory to use, not that I was even able to knock out N's Reshiram with it.

Nepeta was really the star player here, she was able to steamroll the final bosses almost solo.

Back