• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen WHAT?! THAT'S how they're giving away pokemon for Christmas?!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its a one time use code that is available inside of the games packets themselves (a piece of paper with the code written on it). They've done this before with Gen 5 games and its the same thing they did with the Quick Ball giveaway event.

It may even be restricted to those specific copies.

Not the first time they've done that. Its because the sales in that store are lacking that they have to get some kinda promotion going on.

Plus side...We get an Event Pokemon that Japan doesn't have since they are getting everything else...as usual.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • two event pokemon that are not granted to be anything special other than regular garchomp/ scizor..... why would those who already got the game get angry? lol
    I personally think it is a crappy distribution, and it wont increase sales by that much :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Aren't the evolution stones already available in the game though? Or do these have some kind of, otherwise unavailable, hidden ability?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Was looking to get Y to couple my X. But I'll be sad to buy a Y without the code :/

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Aren't the evolution stones already available in the game though? Or do these have some kind of, otherwise unavailable, hidden ability?
    There are no Evolutionary Stones involved with this distribution.

X gets a Garchomp which is similar to the one distributed in Japan's CoroCoro Magazine.

Its Level 50, has Slash, Dig, Dragon Claw and Crunch, has Sand Veil, and is holding a Dragon Fang.

Y gets a Scizor that was not distributed in Japan (finally we get something they don't! hope it stays like this >.< )

Its level 50 and has X-scissor, Night Slash, Double Hit, and Iron Head.

Nature for both is randomized Scizor can have either Swarm or Technician ability. Scizor also isn't holding any items.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Oh they're just regular pokemon? Well I don't feel bad for missing out then! I thought they were like the Torchic with hidden abilties or special moves or something.

Years
  • I might have seen something like this on Serebii, but if the Pokémon aren't anything special, that's nothing to really get excited over. Wal-Mart did something like this with Black 2 and White 2 as well, with the Sinnoh starters, but at least they had their Hidden Abilities.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Eh, I got better Garchomps and a better Scizor than what they're distributing. I'm sure most people can get their hands on a good Scizor/Garchomp if they want; people are breeding and giving away good stuff nowadays.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well Scizor and Garchomp are 2 highly rated Competitive Pokemon both with Mega Forms. You can't really blame them for giving away two Event slots to these two especially with how popular they are in VGC teams.

Years
  • Well Scizor and Garchomp are 2 highly rated Competitive Pokemon both with Mega Forms. You can't really blame them for giving away two Event slots to these two especially with how popular they are in VGC teams.

It would be a whole lot more persuasive if they were holding their mega stones Imo. but like you said they are both high rated competitive and I think they are banking on that to be the allure.
    But I don't hardly think that these could be classified as christmas events guys, this is just a specific store sells gimic.
    But I know I am ready for the event pkmn to start rolling out for sure

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Oh. They're just regular. I mean, yes, they are awesome competively. No lie there. But Torchic with its Hidden Ability and Blazikenite is better than this. I suppose adding something else to the package would make it even better.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Still better than Aus, I don't think we get any events at all.... Well except for the speed boost Torchic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    I feel like Nintendo's been trying to balance out competitive battling this generation. I don't know that a barcode for Garchomp is a smart move, since it's not terrible to get at this point. Scizor might be a smart move considering you have to catch a Scyther, find a Metal Coat, and trade Scyther while it's holding the Metal Coat with no guarantee of getting it back. Alakazam instead of Garchomp would've been smart.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • I feel like Nintendo's been trying to balance out competitive battling this generation. I don't know that a barcode for Garchomp is a smart move, since it's not terrible to get at this point. Scizor might be a smart move considering you have to catch a Scyther, find a Metal Coat, and trade Scyther while it's holding the Metal Coat with no guarantee of getting it back. Alakazam instead of Garchomp would've been smart.
    megascizor is good in competitive because he gets even bulkier. Megagarchomp on the other hand is kind of balanced because, despite gaining a whopping 700 Base Overall Stats, he gets a lot of unneeded sp. attack and only 10 points in the defenses, PLUS HE LOSES some speed AND sand force is pretty bad compared to rough skin

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I was sad at first, but honestly, I don't feel bad about missing out on this event. I already have copies of both X & Y.

Now if it was something like a Mew event...I'd go buy yet another copy, but not for Garchomp/Scizor.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    And Japan gets another event. This one IS for christmas.

Pokecenters and Toys R Us' in Japan will be giving out Haunters and Scythers w/Metal Coats to kids from the 21st to the 26th. Both will evolve as soon as you get them cause they are being traded to the kids by the employees.

If they bring in a copy of the 5th Gen games as well as the 6th gen games, they also get a serial code for Lucky Eggs.

TTwTT they still get all the good stuff.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • And Japan gets another event. This one IS for christmas.

Pokecenters and Toys R Us' in Japan will be giving out Haunters and Scythers w/Metal Coats to kids from the 21st to the 26th. Both will evolve as soon as you get them cause they are being traded to the kids by the employees.

If they bring in a copy of the 5th Gen games as well as the 6th gen games, they also get a serial code for Lucky Eggs.

TTwTT they still get all the good stuff.

I wish the Pokemon Center/Nintendo Store in New York City was doing something for Christmas. :( I will actually be up there for the first time ever...during that time! And I doubt I'll ever be able to go again. BUMMER.

Back