• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the hell is wrong with team Rocket?

Porygon-2000

Wobbufiend
Years
  • Granted, they are the comic foils of the show, but still...

They just suck at trying to do anything bad. This doesnt mean they suck at everything (eg: jessies contest victories), and they have potential. But seriously, a single thinderbolt shouldnt be enough to cause a devastating explosion ( ye canna' change the laws o' physics, Jim!). Im starting to suspect they have some plastic explosive or somthing on them when theyre hit.

Well enough rambling, it time for this thread to have a point: what do YOU think of team rocket. say whatevers on your mind, and please, just try to keep it civil(ish).

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    And seeing as this show is still made for kids, nothing much will probably change of them...

If this show is still going for another 10 years, then I'd really start questioning everyone's age.

Years
  • sometimes they do good things, so i don't really hate them, but what did they see in ask's pikachu that they want to capture it so bad?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I love them. A lot. :P I find them hilarious. Definitely my favourite characters, I pretty much only watch Pokemon for Team Rocket. It's a kids show so meh, I'm not bothered by the fact that they can't even beat a kid and steal one little Pikachu, I still think they're awesome.

@lavenderbolt In the second or third episode (or somewhere around there), Meowth told Ash that Pikachu was stronger than his evolutionary level (which they figured out when he ended up blowing up a whole Pokemon Centre), and they thought Pikachu was special or more rare than others, so they've forever wanted to steal him.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    sometimes they do good things, so i don't really hate them, but what did they see in ask's pikachu that they want to capture it so bad?

Well in the first episode of their appearance they saw how strong pikachu was when it blew up the viridian city pokemon center so they became obsessed with catching it. Though I dont see why they still want to caputre it considering they did in fact capture it and tried to present it to Giovanni, and he didnt want it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I think their suits double the strength of electrical attacks, which causes them to explode in theatrical fasion.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • They waste their time going after inferior Pokemon and inferior trainers, they waste time with bad poetry, and they, in general, just waste time. Team Rocket is the ultimate example of the incompetent villains.

And creepy boss fantasies are creepy. Their only admirable aspect is their persistence. They've never let failure deter them from their goals, however stupid (capture a weak yellow nuisance Pokemon) those goals may be.

Years
  • I think that they are bad villains because they are good people underneath the "Team Rocket" act.

Team Rocket (The organization, not JJM) are known to be some of the most evil people in the world. They torture and kill pokemon. And their plans actually almost work.

Jessie, James & Meowth had troubled childhoods, and just aren't as horrible deep down as regular Team Rocket members. I can't believe that any one of them would ever seriously injure a pokemon. Look at James. He worries for his pokemon, and treats them like his children. Jessie has hopes and dreams of being something other than just a faceless minion of Giovanni. Meowth thinks of Giovanni as somewhat of a father, and strives to please him, even though he will never get his approval or be as important to him as that Persian.

They just aren't meant to be criminals.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    They need to forget pikachu and just find a new pokemon to steal,like maybe dawn's pachirisu or something

Back