• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What to do after you beat the elite 4?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
  • This post is ONLY for pokemon platinum.
    I will give a list to things you can do after you beat the elite 4 on platinum.
    If anyone else sees anything not on this list please post it.

-Complete the sinnoh dex and get the national dex from rowan and oak in sandgem town.

-import foriegn pokemon from games like leafgreen, firered, ruby, sapphire, and emerald.

-visit lucas/dawns little sister in sandgem town to see which pokemon is in a mass outbreak(for example, she may tell you a group of skitty was spotted at route 212. you can then go and catch skitty at route 212 till midnight.)

-achive the master rank in every contest

-raise every pokemon to complete the national pokedoex(THAT takes a while)

-visit mr. backlot everyday to see what new pokemon he has added to his trophy garden out back of his house.

-go to the battle zone from the boat in snowpoint city. there, you will do a double battle with your rival against voltner and flint for access to the battle frontier.

-go to the ultimute move tutor located on the route between the battle zone and survival area. the tutor will teach your starter blast burn(fire, fenzy plant(grass), and hydro cannon(water).

-go to the resort area, recieve the villa form the man in the lower right corner, and start filling it with (VERY EXPENSIVE)furniture.

-get ribbons from contests, beating the elite four, or the footprint man by pastoria city to gain access to the ribbon syndicate. there you can buy more ribbons, and get massages for your pokemon to make them friendlier.

-keep beating the elite for to lvl up your pokemon and get more ribbons. their pokemon will be lvled up a lot, so be prepared.

-catch DIALGA and PALKIA at spear pillar after getting the lustrus and adamant orbs at mt. coronet.

-catch GIRATINA(if you didn't already) go to sendoff spring and get to the room with giratina in it. if you caught him already, there will be a warp. go in the warp and follow the path to get the gresious orb. this will make giratina change forms.

-catch azelf and uxie at their respective lake caves(if you didn't already). mespirit will run around sinnoh, you have to randomly encounter it to battle and catch it.

-go south at sandgem to then go right to make in to route 221/222. this will take you to the pal pak, where you can import pokemon(see above)

-go to stark volcano, battle saturn and mars at the entrance. team up with partner buck and his claydol, and make it through the rest of stark mountain. you will meet the old galactic proffessor guy, and looker will take care of the rest. you will automatically leave the mountain. go back in, make it through again, then HEATRAN will be in the room you were in before. approach it to battle it.

-get a black trainer card

-after meeting oak at the pal park, he will go to the empty house on the lower left corner of eterna city. go there and talk to him to recive the up-grade, and then ZAPDOS, MOLTRES, and ARCITCUNO will be released and you will have to battle them randomly just like with mespirit.

-go to canalave city and go to the house by the sialor and his boat. talk to the mom and sleeping biy, then go back outsde. he will ask you to go to fullmoon island. go there, approach the creature in the meadpw. it will flee and leave the lunar wing. take that, go back, and talk to the sleeping buy, he will wake up. CRESSILA is now availble for catching, just like the birds and MESPIRIT.

-after you go to start mountain,go to buck's house(next to the poke center) in the survival area. there you will find your GYM LEADERS and the people who have assisted you, like riley and cheryl. you can battle them and their tema. there are levels 60-70. they also change everyday.

-go to the pastoria great marsh. new pokemon have been added.

-go to eterna forest from eterna city with a pokemon that can use cut. go the the old chateu. inside you will find ROTOM in the old tv in the back.​

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Well after I beat the Elite 4 I tend to start EV training right away. And rebattle the E4 for the well needed money.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • go to stark volcano, battle saturn and mars at the entrance.
    Actually, it's Mars and Jupiter. Saturn is still at Galactic's Veilstone Headquarters, and you can o talk to him as he wonders about the future of the remnants of the team.

Also:
    -Explore the entirety of the Victory Road, team up with Marley, and explore Route 224. If you have the Oak's Letter event, you can also encounter Shaymin here.
    -Go to Snowpoint Temple and capture Regigigas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I generally get bored and stop playing after I beat the E4 and all is done.
    HG/SS was a lot better, you beat it, you got Kanto... and then the Elite 4 gets bad to the bone.
    It has a lot more replay value..

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    move on with my life

i stop after defeating the final "boss(es)" not because of the overwhelming sense of achievement but because theres nowhere else to explore and i dont want to travel in and out of places i've already visited to run errands that i have no incentive to undertake

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I do those above things except getting the black trainer card, training so I can get every single Pokemon and winning all the categories in the Super Contests.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think I've don 20% of everything on that list. :laugh:
    Too lazy to pick up Platinum or D&P

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    after the elite four, i just go to battle frontier. when I get bored, I wait... for the next gen pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    After i beat the Elite 4 i went to Battle Frontier and defeated the Battle Tower Battle Factory etc. Then i trained all my pokemon that i defeated the Pokemon league with to level 100. Then i completed the Sinnoh Dex

charizardobsessed

I have opened my eyes...
    Years
  • -I mindless train every single pokemon i've got to lvl 100
    -Check Mr Backlot's mansion for rare pokemon
    -Fly to survival area to fight all the gym leaders
    -I challenge the elite four again every day(I'm not kidding, i really do)
    -Have fun pwning my poor lvl 40 friends in battle(not to mention gloating evilly while doing it)

Back