• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What to do, what to do...

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • Things have been a little difficult, for me. Though true to the point, I'm not really referring to being out of a job, and becoming increasingly frustrated with the number of applications I turn in being rejected for my lack of experience in a similar role; that's a topic for another day that I'll probably not bring up.

I'm talking about my lethargic enthusiasm for Pokemon, of late. I've been looking for ways to get myself back into the swing of things, and if people have seen my post in the Nuzlocke Challenge thread, I've decided to take a shot at it and kill two birds with one stone; get myself playing Pokemon with a higher level of enthusiasm again, and start dusting off the rust on my basic writing ability.

The problem? Well... I've reached Rustboro City in-game, and I've yet to make a post on the Nuzlocke thread for an update on it because in writing, I've two pages of text, and I've yet to even visit the Professor's house in the 'story' portion that I've written so far.

The solution? I think I'm going to post a collection of 'diary' entries in the thread, recounting what I've done in my Emerald towards the Challenge and then post a link at the end of said post directing anyone who is barely interested in reading my ramble of a story recounting the Challenge in a more story-based manner either on FF.net, or in the Fan-Fiction section here, at PokeCommunity.

The other problem? I'm kinda disappointed in myself, 'cause I was wanting to post the story portions in the thread, but I get the feeling it would be more beneficial to the reader in a more 'reader-friendly' environment. That, and sometimes I can just write, and write, and write until I have tons of pages of text that no one would read, just to keep up-to-date with my Nuzlocke Challenge, should they wish to do so. Further still, I'd kind of be breaking up the game to get the story aspects finished, since I'd likely end up spending days trying to get the story portions ready for posting.

I'm kinda rambling here again, but I just kinda wanted to see what whoever may be reading this thought; should I just summarise in the thread, and post the story segments elsewhere? Or should I just crack on with the story aspects that I've been writing up and try to get them completed in as swift a time as I humanly can?

Oooooooh... me and my frigid indecisiveness...

Back