• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What to use masterball on

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    I just got the Masterball in Y and I'm wondering what I should use the Masterball on. I'm totally fine with spamming Ultraballs on legendaries for an hour but I am more wondering if there are any legendary Pokemon such as the dogs in leaf green where they would flee after one turn. So is there anything like that? What would you recommend using it on?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    To be completely honest, I find it useless. I've saved mine, from my multiple play through. I like breeding Balls onto my babies and Master Ball doesn't pass via breeding. Legendary aren't as bad as previous games. Mewtwo for example is FAR easier to catch in a Pokéball on XY than it was in an Ultra Ball on RBY.

Mewtwo would probably be the hardest to catch overall and the Master Ball kind of matches the color scheme. I'm probably going to Wonder Trade all mine away though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used mine on Mewtwo, as it was sort of difficult to capture for me. ): Wish I hadn't, though.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I normally use it on shinies because that's more of a rare occurrence than the legendaries

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I used mine on Yvetal because I didn't know you could re-fight him and I was going to lose all my pokemon :( Though like said above Mewtwo is probably the best choice, he is the hardest to catch.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • I would definitely wait for that random shiny Pokemon that could kill itself if you don't catch it right off the bat. Or just a random shiny in general, since you may not be able to weaken it if it's lower leveled or something like that. Using the Master Ball on a legendary might sound like a good idea, but with patience, you'll end up catching those without it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I catch every Pokémon in regular Poké Balls because I like how it looks. This includes Xerneas, Mewtwo and Zapdos.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I do mine in all luxury balls but that starts after the e4 when i got lots of money to buy them :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    If you want to soft-reset for IVs then Mewtwo is probably the most annoying catch because of Recover and the unskippable cutscene.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    I kept mine. Never know when that random shiny might come at a bad time.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I'm saving mine for a random shiny that may show up that knows self destruct, explosion, or has a move where it can run away.

Back