• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What to use...

Years
  • Hey dudes :D

Want to start a little project, water maker do you think i should use?

GameMaker
    Sphere
    RPGMXP or summint lke that...if i can find it for free...

Or summint completely different?

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • well it depends on what kind of project your making, Game Maker is good for like Arcade game, rpg maker is for well... its in the name

Years
  • Well....i have a basic knowledge of most languages. And i understand how most of them work, cept im fairly new to JS and Ruby.

I prepared to do as much coding as neccesary. Its not my favourite bit, i prefer mapping, but i'd rather script and have more possibilities than be restricted by point and click.

Am i making any sense?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'd say to use RM2k3, It doesn't need as much coding as XP, and fairly easy to learn. If not RM2k or RM95'll work to....

Years
  • Well, there is also RPG Toolkit. It is free, and really flexible. The only problem is that there are almost no Pokémon resources for it. (Make some.)

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I have a link to a free download for RPG Maker 2003. I'll send it to you via PM because I don't know If I'm spposed to post it here.
    Yeah RPG Maker 2003 (or RM2K3 for short) is easier to use because it is easy to work out from scratch. There is a long list of commands which you can choose from. like 'Text message' or 'Key Input' So you don't have to faff about programming those aspects of the game in.
    The only thing you wqill probably have to learn are Variables and Switches as they are quite hard to do. I still can't use them and I have been working with RM2K3 for about a year now. But Unlike RMXP or Sphere there is no scripting Language (Like Ruby-Game-Scripting (RGSS) or Java Script)
    I hope this helps
    SG06

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, if you're really dedicated to coding,
    I suggest that you try using some C++ engines. They're nice for studying,
    and well they're rather fun to fiddle around with. HAM's also alright if you
    wish to try your go at something GBA.

Back