• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type combinations would you like to see used more

Years
  • Electric/Fire needs to be used more often its only used on Heat Rotom and this would be the perfect type combination if they introduce Gorochu and make Pikachu evolve using a Fire Stone

Grass/Electric needs to be used more often would have been the ideal typing for Meowscarada because when I first saw Sprigattito I though "oooh Grass/Electric" and think its ridiculous that its only used on a regional variant Hisuian Voltorb & Hisuian Electrode.

Water/Electric great typing not used enough

Fire/Water needs to be used more

Fire/Steel needs more use

Ghost/Normal fabulous typing with great immunities

Dragon/Bug
    Poison/Ice
    Fire/Fairy
    Ground/Fairy
    Rock/Ghost
    Normal/Rock
    Normal/Bug
    Normal/Ice
    Normal/Steel

Years
  • Dragon/Fairy is literally only on Mega Altaria. And Megas went bye-bye. Give us an actual mon with this typing.
    Poison/Fairy. I don't dislike Galarian Weezing, but they could easily make something better with this type combo.
    Ice/Fire is stuck on a temporary form that's a nuisance to work with.
    Ground/Psychic. How is the Baltoy line still the only one with this combo?
    Bug/Ghost. Please put this on something that doesn't only have one 1 HP.
    Rock/Dark. Midnight Lycanroc is a missed opportunity imo, but atm it's only on Tyranitar.
    Water/Steel. Empoleon is cool, but I'd like another mon with this combo.
    Fire/Steel. Neat combo stuck on a mon I forget even exists half the time as it doesn't really stand out from other legendaries imo
    Water/Grass. Ludicolo line is great, but why is that the only one that exists? =\
    Electric/Psychic. I like Alolan Raichu, but please give this to a new mon as well.
    Ice/Ghost. Surely there is more that can be done with this combo than just Froslass, though I do like it.
    Ice/Ground. Mamoswine is great, but we need another mon with this combo.

If I include combo's that don't yet exist: literally all of those. I want to see at least one Pokemon for every type combo =D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Tyranitar, Shedinja, Empoleon, Bibarel, Froslass, Rotom, Heat Rotom, Heatran, Terrakion, Volcanion, Mega Altaria, Alolan Raichu, Crabominable, Morpeko, Galarian Weezing, Zen mode Galarian Darmanitan, Scovillain, Great Tusk, and Iron Valiant have something in common: they have typings that belong to only one Pokémon (not even one line, like Zubat's Poison/Flying or Litleo's Fire/Normal, but literally one Pokémon 🙂)

And among these, many are exclusive to a Legendary, gimmick Pokémon like Shedinja, or Regional forms that might never return, so I think that at least these typings that somehow "disappeared" could be given to new Pokémon.

Years
  • I just remembered there is also fighting/psychic and bug/fire types I would like to see more of. Medicham and Gallade are the only psychic/fighting types not counting megas, and I did hear that Game Freak added a second bug/fire pokemon, but only two for each?

Steel/Fire was also mentioned here, and I do believe that is a unique typing that must return in some way. Heatran is a powerful but forgettable pokemon and the first time I encountered it I did not know it was a legendary despite the game telling you.

Years
  • Dragon/bug, bug/fire, and especially ice/fire would be a lot of fun! Electric/fighting too even if I generally do not like fighting types as much. Electrics tend to look good in general ❤️

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm interested in what GF could come up with for an Ice/Poison type. Maybe something similarly interesting like Glimmora?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • We need another Fire/Steel, Normal/Water, Dragon/Fairy and more pure Flying type Pokemon.

I know that's not a "type combination" but Pure Flying has the least amount of Pokemon in it...ever with only three. This needs to change. I still can't fathom why we didn't get a pure Flying type until gen 5 & then not again until Gen 8. Fix this, Game Freak.

I'd definitely like a Dragon/Fairy, though. The fact we don't have one still (Mega Altaria is no longer a thing) that isn't a form.

Fire/Steel would be very interesting, I just want it again.

For Normal/Water, I'd just like to see it again. Feel like something like another semi aquatic Pokemon could fit. Like an alligator, and the like or other semi aquatic partial land creatures. A capybara Pokemon, maybe could be normal/water.

Years
  • I need more ice/psychic Pokemon there's only Jynx And ice calyrex

Pretty sure you're forgetting one.

Spoiler:

I wouldn't mind having more of them either though =3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chinchou & Lanturn are the only Water/Electric types that type combo needs to be used more often and Bellibolt was a missed opportunity to reuse that type combo

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The starter type combos are limited to one Pokémon/evolutionary line each, and it's especially criminal that the only Water/Fire-type is a Mythical Pokémon. So come on, Game Freak: give the fans what they want. Seriously, the fact that we have only one line of Grass/Water-types is baffling, because you'd think plants and water would have tons of conceptual synergy.

I'd like to see more Pokémon that are Dark/Fairy and Poison/Fairy, too, personally. The Impidimp line and Galarian Weezing are unique among the fairies and they're some of my favorites, so I hope we get more Fairy-types that aren't necessarily cutesy and are more faithful to the idea that fairies are mischievous creatures (Galarian Weezing isn't that necessarily, but a Poison/Fairy-type that's completely original has a lot of potential).

Years
  • already mentioned, but +1 to Grass/Fire and Electric/Fighting. Looking at Bulbapedia it appears GF have finally added some mons for this, but they oughta do way more.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    I really wanted an electric/dark-type. I was only waiting a year or two, unlike some fans who might've waited years and years for it. Gen 8 gave up Morpeko, which is definitely cute and all, but I wouldn't mind seeing another electric/dark-type. (I don't understand why Luxray and Zebstrika aren't part dark-type.)

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • I really want a fire/fairy type. There's so many cool concepts that they could use to make a fire/fairy pokémon and I need one in my life.

Also ground/psychic like come on game freak nobody used claydol.

Back