• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type trainer is your name?

droomph

weeb
Years
  • Taking the idea from this thread, I think that we could make a game out of this!

So the premise is simple. Take the name of the person above, and tell them what type trainer they would be based on their name! Give a couple reasons while you're at it too, okay?

Then tell the next person which one of your names you want to be judged on. It can be irl name, nickname, Indian name, forum name, any name you go by!* It technically can be any name, but please use a name you go by. If you would just like to be judged by your PC name, don't mention anything about the names :3 though you knew that, right?

*if you're going to use a foreign name, please translate it (or state the English equivalent or language, if there is any) so that people aren't that biased. For example:

Xinyu - Chinese, literally "New Universe"
    Jens - German
    José - Joseph

though if you dont care being stereotyped by "DOA HUC LOY" (derp) you can just leave it so :3

sorry but it had to be said

Go! The name I want to be judged by first is: Shane.

let's hope this is popular

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Pokemon Ranger or Ace Trainer. Thats what it sounds like...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Plasmette? A Plasma grunt, certainly. But also perhaps a swimmer.

I'd like to be judged by just Anna, please.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think you would be a Rich Boy or a Beauty depending on gender. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll use EternallyAnna for this one since it wasn't specified c: I'd say definitely a Psychic type trainer since 'Eternally' implies control of time etc, hinting at Pokémon with huge Psychic powers like Xatu - and either a gym leader or Elite Four member. Most likely a gym leader though since the name fits in well with the personalities of leaders like Skyla, Elesa & Whitney so you'd blend in perfectly with them!

I'd like to be judged on Ozzy please!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm confused. Thread that was linked was type as in Grass, Water, fire, etc. Is that how it's suppose to go?

Anyways, Olli sort of reminds me of those little bugs that roll around and everything so I would have to say a Bug Type Trainer, or say... a Bug Catcher to cover bases.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think it's just a trainer class, but it's better to bring in types too. :3

BinaryPeaches... Well, Binary sounds like those scientists with mostly Electric types but Peaches is definitely a gardener with Grass type Pokémon. So we'll meet half-way with a Pokémon Breeder, precisely breeding and tending to the perfect baby Grass & Electric type Pokémon. c:

I'm not Olli btw x]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Olli. Ozzy. Both starts with O and are four letters. Also he wanted the game to be like the thread, so are we sure it isn't typing? :x Otherwise the title would say 'Trainer Type' not 'Type Trainer'.

ANYWAYS. Ozzy reminds me of something furry like a lot of normal Pokemon are. So... Normal Pokemon. Schoolkid to cover everything again but I honestly thing it's type not trainer type.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Maybe we should just put both a type and a trainer class 'till droomph clarifies? ^^ I must admit, I assumed it was based on Pokémon types too, but the first few posts where using trainer classes so it can't hurt to use both. :3

Limanya sounds to me like either a Dark or Ghost type trainer... I'm gonna go with Dark though since it's a name I'd imagine a ninja to have. So you'd be a Ninja trainer class :D

I'd like to be rated just on "Alex" next please. c:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • You would be normal type trainer, and your trainer class would be "Youngster", because you seem very new here and I don't know, your nickname evoked me this trainer class.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    "Mental" makes me think Psychic or Ghost, but for some reason I'm also thinking Ice. Maybe it's the colour scheme? x] And you seem to have the composure of a Gym Leader, so I'm going to label you as a Ghost type Gym Leader with the main Pokémon of Froslass. ♥

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Okay guys, just to clarify, it was meant to be of which type of Pokémon you would likely use, but I like the idea of trainer classes. So either one is fine with me.

Limanya, you seem like a Lass
    What type trainer is your name?
    to me.

I'd like to be judged by Shane still.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Shane reminds me of shale, a type of rock... so, Rock-type, I suppose. But shale is a kind of flaky rock/mud thing, so maybe Ground as well? As for a class, I was thinking Backpacker. A Backpacker that enjoys exploring caves and mountains, maybe?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I think of a water type trainer when I look at your name tbh, a swimmer would be most likely.

I'll be judged by the name Seth for now please.

Back