• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What types are in your optimal team?

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    My current online team is on my sig, and you'll be surprised my of my winning ratio considering that it is all Psychic Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I usually go for one water type for surf, one flying type for fly, and after that I usually wing it. Oftentimes I will have a fire-grass-water trio, but that's not always true.

can we all agree that the Bug type sucks? and to a lesser extent poison and ice?
    No, we can't. Bug has always been a powerful asset when it comes to super effective, because of it's super-effective to Psychic and Dark, neither of which have many weaknesses. And maybe you might say Psychic isn't a threat anymore, but Dark types crawl every corner of Unova, so taking the bugs with you isn't that bad anymore. Sure, not many are that great, but Gen IV introduced several powerful ones as well as X-Scissor and Bug Buzz,and Gen V didn't give us single bug that wasn't great, other than Leavany's (Sp?) horrible typing. It's actually only weak to three types, and 4X resists the common Fighting type frequently due to combining with Poison or Flying types.
    Poison, typewise, is awful. However, I have discovered that they are an extremely versatile type, especially in generations where the Nidos are available, not to mention that almost all can learn Giga Drain from TM before Gen V, and could therefore have been used as a defensively capable Grass type. They also have received better moves in recent generations, such as Gunk Shot (debatable as to whether it's better due it's accuracy) and Slime Wave/Sludge Wave/ whatever it is in English.
    Ice is iffy. It's offensive power is matched only by Fighting, Rock, and Ground, and the types it's super-effective against are generally rather tough, and it is very commonly 4X super effective against Dragon. It's generally more beneficial to give Ice Beam or Blizzard to a non-Ice type Pokemon, though, because the only types worse at defense are Grass and Rock.

In conclusion, no, these types are not worthless. My Accelgor kicked Ghetsis' Hydreigon's butt in two hits with a -Sp. Atk nature, because of Bug type's awesomeness. Sorry for the rant, but I felt I had to do this.

Last edited:

smithtism

Blank
    Years
    For me, a team just isn't complete without these types:
    Water
    Flying
    Psychic
    Grass
    Electric
    Steel
    This way I'll be prepared for every single type there is. Not just offensively, but defensively as well.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I almost always use my starter Pokemon. I also make it a priority to have a Steel/Ground/Rock type. An Electric type is common in my team. Other than that, it varies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I make sure that I have at least a Water type Pokemon on my team and if not, a water type move. The same goes for ground and Fighting type moves. I always have a Ghost type Pokemon on my team

:t354:TG

Back