• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
  • Omega Ruby hands down, childish whining don't care i like Groudon better he looks cooler in my opinion.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • OP, of all threads, how is there not a poll with this thread? It would be nice to see which version is winning at a glance.. XD

Wow, I'm a bit stunned that Pokemon AlphaSapphire seems to be loved so much. XD The first Pokemon game that I ever owned was Pokemon Sapphire Version and "Kyogre + Drizzle Ability's heavy rain + Water Spout = delugin' and decimatin' for DAYS", so consequently, I'll definitely be selecting with Pokemon AlphaSapphire Version. :t382: Also, despite me typically being inclined towards Latios' raw power, roaming Latias' design and cry are a bit nostalgic for me. :3 :t380: Pokemon Sapphire Version's box art and cover Pokemon seemed a bit more serene and more "another path"-ish for me when I looked at it...I'm still wondering why I didn't choose FIRE!EARTH!DINOSAUR Groudon to this day. XD Additionally, Hoenn seems to have substantially more water than other Pokemon regions and involves interaction both on top of and beneath water, so a marine-based version seems more fitting. Also, in Pokemon Sapphire Version, the trumpets made me seem like I was underwater sometimes during the adventure (in particular, the use of trumpets in the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire title screen theme and the "Battle! Team Aqua/Team Magma Leaders" battle theme make the "underwater feeling" most evident, in my eyes). As it stands, the one thing that could make me pick OmegaRuby

If I was to pick today without prior knowledge of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, I might've gone with Pokemon OmegaRuby because LAVA/FIRE, the boxart looks absolutely menacing and epic, and "omega" sounds cooler as a title prefix (plus Team Magma's outfits are cooler, and Magma Admin Courtney's on that team.. :P). I'm hoping that Groudon is available in Pokemon OmegaRuby, along the lines of Lugia being in Pokemon Gold/HeartGold Version where Ho-Oh is the version mascot (yes, despite the implementation contradicting what Ruby/Sapphire did originally - Ruby/Sapphire practically introduced the concept of "legendary version-exclusive version mascot Pokemon"), as I'm worried about whether I'll be able to migrate a Groudon from Pokemon Emerald via Nintendo DS Lite, and I really don't want to have to trade for one. As it stands, the one thing that could sway my position from AlphaSapphire to OmegaRuby is the presence of Blazikenite in OR or some other really compelling feature/assortment of legendary Pokemon. Pokemon Emerald seems to represent Hoenn, nicely, in my opinion, but we'll see whether Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire can surpass that presentation.

If I had enough money, of course I would buy both versions in a heartbeat (giving more precedence/priority to AlphaSapphire), given that Hoenn is currently my favorite region (with amazing Pokemon to boot) and I know how to navigate it better than some real-world areas. XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Sapphire was my first 3rd gen game and I have fond memories of it. So I'll be getting Alpha Sapphire.

I also like Kyogre a lot more than Groudon.

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Both. I've started getting both versions of the games since Black and White, I don't see any reason to stop that tradition. I think Omega Ruby will be my "main" version though.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaaah, I'd love to own both copies, Hoenn is my favorite region. ;w; However, due to money, I think I'll start by getting Ruby. For one thing, Ruby was my original game before, and for another I prefer the color and the specifics about the game to Sapphire.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I will be getting BOTH! Usually I only buy one of them but I enjoyed the 3D and story so much on Y that I have to re-experience it and bought X! Emerald was my favorite story by far so will definitely play through both, though sapphire will probably be my main as I got the blue Pokémon 3DS instead of the red one because blue is my favorite color out of those two! So I will get both but sapphire will be my main version where I will try to complete the PokéDexs and ruby will be to obtain pokemon only in ruby and not sapphire as well as many playthroughs!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Seeing as how I love Kyogre and Sapphire was one of my favorite Pokemon games, I'm going with Alpha Sapphire. Also, heck yes Kyogre looks cooler than ever on that cover man.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I got Sapphire first, so I'm going to go with that one. :) I will probably end up getting both, though, especially since I never actually played Ruby.

Years
  • I'll be getting myself Pokemon OmegaRuby as Groudon is one of my all-time favorite Legendary Pokemon and I will not wait to see his Mega Evo, which I know will be AWESOME!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Definitely Alpha Sapphire, for reasons unknown to myself. Ruby and Groudon are just lame in my opinion.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • My first instinct is Ruby, but I'll make that decision when the time gets closer. I'm contemplating buying both games even.

Years
  • Alpha Sapphire for sure! Sapphire is my birthstone, so that was the reason I went with Sapphire in 2003, and I will continue on with Alpha Sapphire!! Plus...Kyogre is prettier. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I'm gonna get Alpha Sapphire for my main version, but I hope to pick up OR as well, for secondary restarting and replaying.

Back