• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ruby was my first 3rd gen game, so I'm gonna be getting Omega Ruby to relive my childhood(teenage, to be honest) memories. <3

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Totally getting Alpha Sapphire ;3
    Just reliving what I played back in...2004 would just be such a nostalgic experience. I'm also a big fan of Team Aqua and Kyogre! Rayquaza is my favorite of the three, and should be in both, so no problem there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    What's going to happen is what happened in x and y, the less popular game, which was x got the cooler looking charizard to boost its sells because y had the better legendary, or Pokemon illuminati ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wound up choosing Pokémon Ruby when generation three had first been introduced, so I'm probably going to travel towards the same route and pick Omega Ruby. :] I might be buy Alpha Sapphire somewhere down the line, too, but not really sure about that; we'll see, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I'll probably get Omega Ruby.

Since I pretty much always get the version that's refereed to first when talking about both games. (Kind of a weird way to go about it, but yeah.)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think I'm going to get Omega. I like the word omega more than I like alpha. And I like the box art a lot more.

I got Sapphire when the games came out! .. since everyone else mentioned that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm going to get both, though I plan on starting Alpha Sapphire first. In the past, I used to agonize over which version of a new Pokémon pair to get, but I've realized over the years that I'll ultimately want to get both versions, so I might as well save myself the time and effort and just admit now that I'll end up buying both of them. As for my Sapphire preference, blue is my favorite color, Sapphire is my birthstone, and Sapphire was my main game back in Hoenn's original release, so Alpha Sapphire seems like a natural preference.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I guess I'll take the Alpha Sapphire. I really want to see how Kyogre looks in 3D, especially the red orb part. Although I would have taken Delta Emerald if I could XD And I would record the Rayquaza intervening Kyogre and Groudon's battle part. That was pretty epic.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm going with Alpha Sapphire since Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I've ever played. It holds a lot of sentimental value to me than any other remakes.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Not sure which yet. I want to find out more about which Pokemon will be exclusive to each. Based off of the box art though, I'd say Alpha Sapphire. Based on the environmental changes and assumptions made by Olli, Omega Red.

50/50 at the moment! d:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I'm not sure. When I was a kid, I had ruby and my twin brother had sapphire. Don't know if I should switch it up or stick with what I had.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • As Sapphire was the first Gen III game I played... I suppose I'll get Alpha Sapphire. Not that I don't prefer Kyogre to Groudon regardless. I'll be kinda sad if version exclusives carry over, though... no Mawile for me.

That is, of course, assuming I actually own a 3DS by that point...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Hope they don't split the stories again and use the Emerald story. They probably won't, but the idea of assisting one of those idiots will be suffering. Archie and Maxie are braindead.

I'll be buying Omega Ruby I guess, since that's the first Gen 3 game I got.

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
  • Omega Ruby ! To stop team magma from expanding the land and save the oceans ! loool (i'm from an island)

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • right now im thinkin ruby just because i had ruby on the advance but idk when i see version exclusives i might change to sapphire. but more than likely my brother will stop playing his game after like a 2 weeks, and he'll get the opposite to me, so i'll just take that like I did with his Y version and restarted it, and then i'll have both

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Pokemon Sapphire was the game that made me discover Pokemon in the first place so I'm definitely #TeamAlphaSapphire all the way :)

Back