• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Better late than never! I added a poll to this thread so come on down and cast your votes.

Still in the AS boat though admittedly the new Magma redesigns have been making me consider picking both copies up on release day. Still unlikely but I am tempted. 8(

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I will be getting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire because Team Aqua just seems like the more insane group this time, with more rugged and edgy characters on their side, and a clearer "pirate" motif, which I think comes off as more intimidating. Team Magma...looks more straight-laced and calculated by comparison, and their basic grunt outfits are somehow much less intimidating. Furthermore, their goal of creating more land in Hoenn is not beyond understanding, and their plans in Emerald just came off as ridiculous, like they were trying too hard to be evil. They just seem like they'd be your ragtag band of allies, not the villianous group you'd be frightened by.

Elmogvy

The One That Adores A Mudkip and Eevee
    Years
  • I'm loyal to Kyogre and he is awesome with drizzle and that wicked special attack, so count on me to get Alpha Sapphire! Water Spout is very deadly and Thunder is so the move to kill pokemon. Mainly I pick AS because I played Sapphire first and Kyogre really helped destroy the Elite Four! Kyogre rules above all! : )

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Kyogre !new looks way better than Groudon's new form
    Also team aqua looks cooler than magma and more threatening
    Going for sapphire.

Years
  • After seeing that Sceptile and Swampert have finally got their own Megalutions, I said dear Arceus almighty, this makes me want to buy one of these!

Now I usually don't buy remakes, but these are exceptions, especially being that I've never play Ruby or Sapphire. I'm probably going to get AS and catch my very first Kyogre.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I selected both. The reason is because later on, I'll end up getting the second one when my dad gets his check once they come out. The thing is, they come out a month after my anime convention gets over, so I will only be able to get one copy, and it will be Omega Ruby.

We always run short of money after my convention, but he promised me he'd get me one or the other when they came out. I'm also going to make sure to preorder Omega Ruby because I do all of the time for pokemon games. XD

Years
  • Omega Ruby all the way! Groudon is one of the best legendary pokemon imo. Though to be honest the entire trio is awsome. If possible I will try to get both (and maybe the eventual something Emerald?)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'll be getting both, but my 'main' game will be AlphaSapphire, since Sapphire was my main game back in Generation III.

Misaka

Yokoso
    Years
  • I will probably end up getting both. However, I will mostly likely get Alpha Sapphire first because I feel I neglected my original Sapphire. This will make up for lost time!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I'm getting both, but I'm defenitly playing Omega Red first for the reason being that;
    Groudon + sunny day + Solar Beam = R.I.P Kyogre

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I should be buying both (I always buy both remakes!).

But I am leaning towards buying Alpha Sapphire first :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Right now Alpha Sapphire is winning, what with Mega Sableye being announced and all, it's likely it'll be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire since the Pokemon was in the original Sapphire.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I will be getting Omega Ruby first, since I first bought Ruby way back then. IT feels good for nostalgia. But I plan on getting both (after I get Pokemon X.)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I'm getting both like I always do but Omega Ruby will be my main game. Ruby was always a lucky game for me so I will play Omega Ruby more as an homage to all my lost shinies from Ruby.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It'll depend on what my boyfriend gets; I'd be open to reliving Sapphire but I'd also be open to switching. :)

Back