• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the best point in your life?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I have a few times, but what always comes out on top was late 2006-early fall 2007. There's a lot of reasons to choose that time, one being that late 2006 was my senior season of marching band. We had a fantastic season. One that would surprise me beyond my wildest imagination in the end. Very shortly thereafter my grandparents spoiled me by buying me a bassoon, my dream instrument.

But one thing that really makes me say that time is... it was the point before I felt like my childhood came to an abrupt end. I had no health issues. I saw a normal life for a future. I had unabashed hope. It's hard to imagine ever having felt that way now.

A second point might be late 2008. This was after the point where my childhood ended, so to speak, so it's complicated, very complicated - in fact, if we're being honest, I had a real suicidal point during this time, which makes me mentioning it sound odd, but there is a reason. It's because I had a social life like I'd never had and have never have had since. I came out to my first friend, my best friend, and she became my first girlfriend in this time. I loved her so much.

Speaking of complicated, the next period I think about is late summer 2015-2016. Prior to late summer 2015, 2015 was a terrible, extremely painful year. It'd be hard to explain this one without an incredibly long backstory. But what was to happen in late 2015 felt like fiction. There's no way I could make a short explanation for this. So I won't even try. I'll just say that I was in a very low place when my interest in music was rekindled and then I gained the will to start taking lessons, and my teacher, a very amazing person, completely turned my mind around and convinced me I needed to go back to college. And I did.

Now, oddly enough, I think that 2020 into 2021 will be another time I look back on fondly. It's has a similar feel to the above time, in that I was in an extremely low place and things somehow came together to get me out of it. But when I say a "low place", I mean terrible chronic pain while working an active job, and seeing no way out of that job. My mental health had bottomed back out, like that point in late 2008. 2020 led to me getting a diagnosis for what is really going on and medication to treat it (the two years before this doctors thought it was something else, and it turns out that was only a symptom of something bigger, and it's no wonder that nothing was helping). Plus, I hate to say it, but the pandemic provided me relief from my job. My student loans got delayed, and I was able to leave the job. But I hate to have to say that. The pandemic is awful. Far too many people lost.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    like 2016? the golden age of pc discord (dont @ me) and i made a bunch of new friends both online and irl. it's all been downhill since then! (well, for me)

Back