• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first episode of Pokemon that you ever saw?

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
Years
  • Back when I didn't know about the pokemon anime,I accidently switched to KidsWB
    and saw the last ten minutes of Holy Matrimony.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • i think the first epp i saw was school of hard knocks, when it first started, adn thats REALLY going back :S

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Mine was "The Battling Eevee Bros."

I still remember it very clearly:

I'm watching TV one afternoon, and Pokemon happens to be on, so I watch that.

I came in at the part where Misty offers to give Brock her Psyduck for Vulpix...and Brock said no.

About that point, my sister came in, wondering what it was I was watching (I had the TV up kinda loud, so she must've heard Brock's line) I explain that Pokemon has just started, so she decides to watch it with me.

Just as she got settled, Eevee appeared on the screen. Both of us practically screamed "AWWWWWWWW!!!!" We decided to stick around for that episode.

Funny thing was, we were about to get Eevees in our games (her my old Blue and me my Yellow) and that episode helped us decide. I picked Vaporeon, but my sis picked Jolteon

Years
  • I was 7 or 8 year old I was crazy for Power Rangers...
    One Saturday I changed to ANT1 [the channel that had Power Rangers(now is in Alter)] and what did I see? Power Rangers replaced with another prog... I was crying because... I started to zaping when... when... I changed to STAR and...and... It was Pokemon Premier the first episode the first second the black screen an a half second after it Ash appering and... I wanna be the very best no one ever was to catch them is my real test to train them is my course... It was sth like magic you know the first second in the first day in first episode the first time that Pokemon came to Greece!!!
    From the first minute Pokemon became my favourite TV prog and when I learned about anme my favourite anime!
    That's my story!

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • was there since the very beginning...Sept 1998...syndicated on my local wb station...10 yrs old at the time...of course,I lost all appreciation a little into the third season...but all I do now is watch the raws and subs...why? Its because of personal preference...

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Well one day I was bored out of my mind and my sister ran into the room to show me something "cute" so I followed her and she told me a little about the Pok?mon anime and told me to sit and watch. I sat and watched, it was that episode where Ash and his Pok?mon were trapped in the cold mountain top and to keep warm they all huddle together and got through the night. I fell in love with the anime at that moment and I still watch it ^_^

niko

i didnt like it at first but then i become fan some point and recorded eps from reruns and still have most of them somewhere now i mainly watch japanese eps

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • My bro and I were deeply into the games, and already liked watching Digimon and Monster Rancher on Fox [we didn't have cable? lol], and when we went to our Dad's, knowing he had cable, we watched it [early in the morning XD] on YTV. Lol, I remember, being used to the Digimon theme, thinking that the theme song was corny ^^

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the ep was "Attack of the Prehistoric Pok?mon," or the one where Ash's Charmeleon evolved, if that's not it? it was so long ago, I don't remember it too well? *sigh* what I wouldn't give for the good old days when my bro was still into Pok?mon? it's tough being a fan when you have a brother who's "matured past kid's shows" and the like? bah?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The first episode I saw was... the first episode back when it was on FOX. I remember not realizing that Pikachu was causing the thunderstorm, until I read the comic. (Which happened to be better translated than the US episodes...).

Unforgettable moments:

1: "I'll take the glove off, just stop zapping me!!"

2: Gary kissing Ash's mom... (Yes! He did! On the cheek.)

3: Professor Oak initially acts like he knows everything, but is really a dunce when it comes to Pokemon. Whenever he does something dumb and gets hit with an attack, he always says, "There's sooooo much we don't know about Pokemon..."

4: The one most people miss, though not from the first episode: Gary's first Pokemon WAS NOT a Squirtle, it was an Eevee. (The one good thing that came from the Orange Islands.)

5: Ho-Oh, right in the first episode...

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Mine was Snow way out. =3 It was such a touching episode that I decided to continue watching pokemon. I was lucky they showed re-runs of the first season directly after this episode. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I was changing channels that one Saturday morining til run into a wonderful looking cartoon!(didn't know Pokemon was a anime yet)It was "The Song of Jiggypuff"! I was so amazed. It was a great epsiode. It was the first time I saw Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu, and Team Rocket with Meowth. ^______^ It turned to be a wonderful Saturday!! This is when I was eighteen. I am twenty-four now, and I still love the series!

Years
  • The first one I remember seeing was "Who gets to keep Togepi?". I thought it was really funny. (Meowth and the egg in nightcaps- good stuff!)
    I watched the show on and off for a while after that, and then I started watching regularly during the orange islands episodes.

Seto7Kaiba

LunaticJohnny
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 5, 2005
    The very first episode I saw....It was the very first episode XO?

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    well... if I'm not mistaken... the games came out b4 the anime... anyways... I started watching when the first episode came on (i think I played the game and then watched the anime...maybe the other way around)... it was great when I sung the theme song all the time and my parents would say stfu... anyways... im just into raws & subs now... I do like the improvements over time on the anime.

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • Actually,red and blue came out 2 weeks after the first episode(as opposed to 1 1/2 yrs before in japan). And yes I do agree on the quality...you compare an ep from season 1 and an ep now,and your talking about a major facelift(animation technology has come a long way in 8 years).

Back