• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was the first ever legendary you caught?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]<excuse terrible spelling>

I would have asked "what was the first pokemon you ever caught?" But then I thought, you guys would be like "RATTATTA! Just like everyone else!"

My first legendary (if it counts) was the red shiny gyrados, if not then hoho :)

I am also interested to see what bird pokemon of the trio you all went for first (articuno for me)

Thanks for taking the time to reply ;)[/SIZE]

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i think the first one i caught was an ho-oh in gold. that just cause i didnt know lugia exist in the game and i used pe2k's walkthrough to get to ho-oh, haha! masterball did the trick.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I want to say my first was a Groudon. My sister lost my Gameboy Color along with Blue on an international flight, so I never did complete that game :/

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, like SNOR(es)LAX, my first legendary catch was way back with Zapdos.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Zapdos in Blue when I was 6. I used the Master Ball and then someone told me I needed it for Mewtwo and I was just like FFFUUU

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Suicune in Crystal, I played the 2nd generation before the 1st one. lol ;-;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    When I first played Red, I actually went for Zapdos instead of Articuno, my preferred legendary. So for my first run in Red I caught Zapdos, then from then on, I always caught Articuno.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The first legendary I caught was Kyogre in Sapphire. I didn't know what else to do when I was battling it, so I Master Balled it.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
    Articuno in Yellow. I screwed up big time in Red and never caught any of the legendaries so when Yellow came out I smartened up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Zapdos, Probably my favorite OG legendary pokemon. I wish the birds made an appearance in B/W like they did in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Kyogre ahah it brings back memories, I really wish I could forget everything about the game and then replay it :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Zapdos in Blue. Man, catching that thing was a pain back then. Of course, back then I didn't even know of the frustration that are roaming Pokemon... But I still remember going through almost my entire stock of Ultra Balls, doing the useless "Hold B and Up" every time I threw a ball.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Zapdos in Blue. Man, catching that thing was a pain back then. Of course, back then I didn't even know of the frustration that are roaming Pokemon... But I still remember going through almost my entire stock of Ultra Balls, doing the useless "Hold B and Up" every time I threw a ball.

Ah, Good Ole Hold B and Up...The memories...The wasted time...Didn't find out it wasn't true until Pearl...

Years
    Zapdos, I think. I used a Master Ball, like for anything else I caught from the point on where I learned about the existance of Missingno (and that happened maybe a day or two before I found and caught my first legendary). Has always been my favorite legendary, too.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    For the record, holding B and up was a surefire way for me to get an Articuno in Pokemon Blue. Screw the Master Ball; B and Up is the way to go for legendaries! And this was when I cared about legendaries as well...

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
    It was Ho-Oh on Gold... it took me a while and I had to keep rebooting it because I really wanted to catch it! I kept making it faint on accident. XD

Back