• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was the first ever legendary you caught?

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
  • Most likely one of the Raikou, Entei and Suicune bunch... Or Ho-Oh. I trained Lugia to level 100 once though. But I think the R/E/S ones would count, so probably Suicune.

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Kyogre for me. I would say Mewtwo, but I used to get so frustrated that I'd have my brother catch him for me, so he doesn't count. I freaking love Kyogre, anyway, so I was happy to catch him as my first legendary.
    The first trio I went after was the birds, in fact I caught Moltres first, but my favourite trio is the three sprites. Mesprit's my favourite of those, then Azelf before Uxie. I never cared for the dogs except Suicune. :)

Never Silent

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • For me it was Groudon... I played through the older games, but I always made my brothers catch the legendaries because they'd frustrate me. Groudon was the first one I caught on my own. ^^
    The first bird of the trio I went after was Moltres... I had Blastoise for my starter and hadn't caught any fire Pokémon, so, yeah. Haha.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    First legandary Pokémon I ever caught was Palkia on Pearl. It was pretty interesting to battle against Cyrus and then capture Palkia. Pearl in one of my first Pokémon game so what can you do. :/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    My first was Ho-oh, then it was Raikou, and then Lugia. The first legendary Pokemon I ever saw was Raikou, and I didn't know what was special about it. I just knew it was weird looking and that it was 30 levels higher than anything else on the route, and was confused as to why it ran away.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I can't quite remember now if it was Articuno or Moltres, almost positive about Moltres being first but i do remember having both Articuno and Moltres when i got Zapdos back in my Yellow days :)

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    If memory serves, it was Zapados in Red I believe.

BlueMageBrilly

The Blue Mage
    Years
  • Haha, the first? That's such a long time ago! I'm pretty sure it was Moltres in Yellow, but I could be wrong. I'm certain it was one of those birds though! Like TheBritishNerd said, those were good times indeed! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    My first was groudon on pokemon ruby ... i was 4 i think? i used my masterball on it....never finished the game cus my cousin took my level 96 blaziken and told me to train all my pokemon and groudon...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd say probably Suicune, maybe? Or Ho-Oh. I doubt I'd have caught the roaming Pokemon straight away, and I remember I was trying to catch Lugia the day I got R/B/Y, and I was getting my hair plaited when I got Ho-Oh which I'm 99% sure was before that, so yeah I'd have to go with Suicune due to not being able to remember when I caught it, thus assuming it was first. ;x If not, then Ho-Oh, since I kinda can't remember the events of Gold aka which comes first, lol.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I think It was one of the Birds, so It may have been Articuno or Zapdos, in R/B/Y. In GSC I think It was Entei or Suicune.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • The first I caught would probably be Dialgia but I'm not exactly sure as I was playing Diamond off and on at the same time I was beating White

Back