• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first game you beat?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You know that crazy good (or maybe bad!) feeling you get when you beat a game? Well, think back to the first time you had that feeling...what game was it?

The first game I beat was Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. omg. I was so happy, haha. I think I was...7 or 8 when I did that? I'm probably wrong. It's still one of my favorite games today, and I love playing it! It'll always have a place in my heart since it was the first game I completed, though. However, I didn't get all the shards that time...so...don't hold that against me!

Years
    Wow. This has to make me think back real far.

I played a few games when I was younger, but I think the first ever game that I completed was the first Prince of Persia on the Sega MegaDrive. I remember that game rather well, as I use to love it. Looking back now, it was so hard to play at times, and the music was horrible! But I really enjoyed it.

I remember completing the game and jumping around, since it was the first game I completed. From then on, I always completed, or tried to, the games. It made me feel so happy and complete. So this is why I always want to complete games as much as I can with the time I have.​

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I got a few games mixed in my mind, but now I remember. The first game I ever beat was Yoshi's Story. It was pretty cool, but even then I knew it was too easy. I was probably 9 or 10. The SECOND game I ever beat gave me a lot of satisfaction. It was Banjo Kazooie. I fought Gruntilda so many times, and I almost gave up...and when I finally beat her, my heart leaped into my throat.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Oh god, this is tough to remember... It was either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, or Super Mario 64. I'm pretty sure it was LoZ, because I remember being really upset when I won because it was my favorite game of all time, and still is. Awwww I definitely have to replay that nowwww.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    Oh god, this is tough to remember... It was either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, or Super Mario 64. I'm pretty sure it was LoZ, because I remember being really upset when I won because it was my favorite game of all time, and still is. Awwww I definitely have to replay that nowwww.

Holy crap! Are you really just 12? And those two are the first games you ever beat?
    Majora's Mask? You figured that out? Kudos, cause I never could! Well, when I was 12 I couldn't!

Super Mario 64! <3
    Great game.

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
    Years
    Kirby's Dream Land on the old gray brick Gameboy! First game I owned, first game I beat. Then I found out it have a hard mode! WHOOOOOOAAAAA!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Star Wars: Racer Revenge, career mode. That was pretty much the only game I played seriously back then.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think the first game I beat was Pokemon Red, which was also the first game I owned. But I think it took me a really long time and I also had to share with my brother so we both beat it.

First game I beat on my own was proooobably... ugh, I don't even know. I SUCKED at beating games back then. It might actually have been Pokemon Gold. xD Otherwise Super Smash Bros, if it even counts. (I got all the characters...)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    First game I beat?

Well, if you don't count completing the Pokedex as beating the game, then I'd have to say Pokemon Yellow. I still remember that day at the storage facility. I had a level 70-something Pikachu and a level 89 Nidoqueen. And boy, did they kick butt.

If you do count completing the Pokedex as beating the game, though, then my first beaten game would be...I guess Dragon Warrior Monsters: Tara's Adventure (HI TARA :D). Or maybe YGO: Dark Duel Stories. It's been a while :>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Super Mario World.. the SNES version. I was (I think) 6 or 7 when I beat Bowser on my own, and completed the special levels.

Years
    If i remember correctly it was Contra on NES, i was around age of 5-6.....took me about half to one year to beat it without any help from magazines, friends (and ofcourse no internet back than)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't know.

It was either: Aladdin on the SuperNES, Mickey's Ultimate Challenge on the SuperNES, or Yoshi's Island on the SuperNES.

I really didn't beat much until the N64 days. During that time I went back and revisited my SuperNES library and starting clearing things. I was too young before.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'd have to say the Pokemon Blue I got for Christmas. I know the Gameboy was the first gaming platform I owned, and that's just the only game I can remember getting for it that I absolutely know I beat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Super Mario Brothers[Nintendo] or Vectorman[Sega] in, 96, maybe 95. I'll be 21 March 29th > >, Oh! Might have been Sonic, the first one. Had em all at the same time.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow. I'd realize however how sucky my team was :P My team was Pidgeot, Fearow, Pikachu, Nidorino, Nidorina and Omastar. Sucky right?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    IDK how I can consider something "beaten"... that and IDK what GBA game I played first. Something out of Fire Emblem, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland and Pokemon Fire Red.

Back