• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first game you beat?

Years
    Mine was out of Zelda on the Nintendo 64 or Pokemon Yellow on Gameboy.
    I also still play them now because I still get a happy feeling inside when I play them.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    IIRC it was a gameboy game called Lock n' Chase. It was a Japanese title but I don't know if it got an American release. It's very similar to Pacman in gameplay, with some added elements like closing off doors and different enemy abilities.

EDIT: Yeah, it did, but eew the box/cartridge art is so ugly in comparison...

The one I remember:
    Spoiler:

The... one I really am glad I didn't have to put up with:
    Spoiler:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Can't remember... Have played games already at age of 4. Some of games I went through when I was child were Kirby's Adventure, Yoshi's Island, Contra Hard Corps and Golden Axe III, (and many more,) I played on emulator as I didn't have a console back then :(
    I have bought Kirby's Adventure and Golden Axe III from VC now and still waiting for Yoshi's Island to appear.

Years
    I have a weird tendency to stop playing games when they're the most fun, it's like "well, yesterday playing that game was awesome, but I feel like I'll screw up today", and there's only few exceptions to that. However, the first game I did ever have, I managed to beat. Pokemon Red. Of course with Missingno abuse and without a complete Pokedex, but...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh my goodness, I can't remember. XD Lemme just say that I'm absolutely horrible at video games, and that it takes me a long time to actually beat one. That said, I think the first one I ever beat was Final Fantasy X-2... a couple of years after I actually bought it. I tend to start playing a game and then I'll stop and play something else without actually finishing the first game. So between my horribleness with video games and my on/off playing, yes, it took quite a while for me to actually beat it, haha.

Exar Ketchem

So i herd u liek murlocz
    Years
    I think it was one of them computer games, something called Elf Land, or Bad Toys, not really sure. Those are the first games I remember playing, so it could've been something else.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Hmm, that really is a hard question. I'm really unsure, but I'd have to either say Kirby's Fun Pak/Superstar or Vegas Stakes. That's right, I learnt how to play Poker at 4 years old! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Either Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy Tactics. I cant remember that far back. Lol

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I think...Harry Potter 1 =D or 2... Can't remember

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    The First Game I Beated Was Pokemon Firered!I Even Caught Mewtwo With A Great Ball!

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    The legend of Zelda: A link to the past was the first game I ever beat of my own. I was six or seven at the time I think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It would have to be Pokemon Silver (since it was in fact the first game I ever played), and then Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    uhhh I don't i can remember but I think it was ren & stimpy for sega genesis with my cousin.. oh yeah that game is epic!

Back