• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first pokemon you were able to raise to lvl 100?

Do you have a Pokemon at level 100?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    My first level 100 was my Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. One day I'll figure out a way to get him off of there and onto my current Pokemon game :D

Dubberley

Wandering Psychic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    mine was a snorlax on pokemon red

My first level 100 was my Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. One day I'll figure out a way to get him off of there and onto my current Pokemon game :D

u need to trade from yellow to gold/silver then to ruby/saphire/emrald then to pearl/dimond/plat/heartgold/soulsilver then black and white its a bit of work lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2011
    My first was my Swampert in Sapphire, then a Gardevoir in Emerald, Empeleon in Diamond and several other Pokemon, and none yet in SoulSilver.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • My First Lvl 100 was my Typlosion from Pokemon Silver, followed shortly by Ho-oh and my Venasaur I imported from Pokemon Blue, Unfortantly I don't have that cartridge anymore, so atm I do not have any :( (though my Colosseum guys are getting closer at about 75-80 range)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Sigh...
    I trained my Seadra to Level 100 in Emerald because i thought it evolves into Kingdra by level-up. You couldn't believe how mad i was after i found out that i have to trade.

LOL...I hated it when you trained a Pokemon until it was Level 70+ or something, only to find out that there's a certain evolution method that the Pokemon needs or that it never learns the move you thought it would learn via level-up. Poor Trainers who trained Feebas without knowing of the requirement...

As for me, IIRC, my first Pokemon at Level 100 was my Docile Blaziken nicknamed Blazer! (I also like how Blaziken of Generation 3 games are recurring a few times in this thread :))

What was the first pokemon you were able to raise to lvl 100?

I know Kyogre and Rayquaza were among my first Pokemon at Level 100, followed by Swampert and Sceptile at some point. I had several Level 100s in two Sapphire carts which I have lost, as well as my previous Emerald save file which somehow strangely got corrupted. As soon as I can start my "permanent" files and get everything sorted out (i.e., schoolwork), then I will begin training all fully-evolved and non-evolving Pokemon to Level 100, including branched evolutions and all of the Formes of Pokemon who cannot freely change between Formes.

I have never had to motivation to level up my Pokemon to Lvl 100. So it's a no.

I didn't understand why people never had any motivation to train Pokemon to Level 100. I mean, you can cream people in Link Battles with them! (well, in Generation 3 you could...)

This is why they have the auto-level feature in the game. There's not much incentive to raise Pokemon to level 100 anymore. I've heard rumors that this was removed from BW, but I'm not familiar with this myself.

I really wish they took this annoying auto-level feature out. Nintendo should make Trainers work to earn their Level 100 completion, as with it comes the ability of going toe-to-toe with other Trainers (for the most part), not to mention how it represents one's dedication to his or her Pokemon. With the auto-level feature in place, the concept of "levels" is almost rendered pointless outside of in-game gameplay.

I really don't see what the fuss is about training a Pokemon to Level 100, though...if you play for a few hours each day, within 3-5 days (in Gen 3 at least, sans Lucky Egg and with Exp. Share), a Pokemon can easily get to Level 100 with some Elite 4/Champion runs (then again, one has to be able to endure a high level of monotony). If the process on raising Pokemon was made to feel enjoyable and not as monotonous, I think people wouldn't mind the daunting training...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Ahh, my old Blastoise from LeafGreen. I love him. ;) He was so strong, and awesome.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • I have fond memories of racing to see who could get their Typhlosion to level 100 first in the 2nd Gen games with my brother. I beat him. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Not many, I tell you.

Before reading this forum and having the idea to do a solo game with just one Pokémon (which I eventually did with Blastoise, and even then after the first run through the game t was only at Level 88), I'd reached the dizzy heights of Level 89 with my first serious game of Pokémon Red...all six of my team were at that level (Blastoise, Raichu, Flareon, Fearow, Alakazam, Machamp)...

Back in the early days, the only closest to that was in my Crystal days and raised a Feraligatr to Level 82-ish...but since Emerald I've found it a lot easier to be patient with training and therefore the rewards were lovely...Swampert grew to Level 83 with ease BEFORE the Elite Four after DAYS in Victory Road and I never grew tired!

But the first ever Level 100 accolade went to my Infernape in Diamond...although for a Level 100 Pokémon it wasn't overly powerful apart from its Attack and Special Attack, I must say...the rest of its stats were mediocre at very best (obviously haha)

Since then I've raised a Level 100 Swampert (the same one from before when I had the intention and dedication to take it all the way after doing it with Infernape), a Luxray also in my Diamond squad, eventually an Empoleon on Platinum, and then that's it so far :)

Not many, I tell you.

Before reading this forum and having the idea to do a solo game with just one Pokémon (which I eventually did with Blastoise, and even then after the first run through the game t was only at Level 88), I'd reached the dizzy heights of Level 89 with my first serious game of Pokémon Red...all six of my team were at that level (Blastoise, Raichu, Flareon, Fearow, Alakazam, Machamp)...

Back in the early days, the only closest to that was in my Crystal days and raised a Feraligatr to Level 82-ish...but since Emerald I've found it a lot easier to be patient with training and therefore the rewards were lovely...Swampert grew to Level 83 with ease BEFORE the Elite Four after DAYS in Victory Road and I never grew tired!

But the first ever Level 100 accolade went to my Infernape in Diamond...although for a Level 100 Pokémon it wasn't overly powerful apart from its Attack and Special Attack, I must say...the rest of its stats were mediocre at very best (obviously haha)

Since then I've raised a Level 100 Swampert (the same one from before when I had the intention and dedication to take it all the way after doing it with Infernape), a Luxray also in my Diamond squad, eventually an Empoleon on Platinum, and then that's it so far :)

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think I had a Level 100 Mewtwo in Blue version. Ended up just using it against all the Elite Four multiple times, and since it as Mewtwo it just wouldn't die no matter what anyone threw at it. It probably took a while, but I can't imagine any other Pokemon getting to the big 1-0-0 any faster than Mewtwo.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • Back when I used to play Yellow everyday, I raised my Charizard to level 100 but I haven't been able to accomplish this in any other games.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • My first was an Alakazam on Red when I was a kid, me and my friends didn't know it went that high, I was the first out of everyone I knew to get something to level 100...
    Felt good =3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well actually, it was back in the era of when I had Gold. I had a Meganium, which was roughly level 45 or so, and I had a friend who had a Typhlosion which was around level 80. Using the old fashioned link cable, we traded our two starters to each other, so that Typhlosion was mine. I had Exp. Share and kept grinding at the Elite Four with Typhlosion alone, and I finally got it to level 100. It wasn't mine originally, but I'll still count it, since those 20 or so levels are the toughest when training any Pokemon to level 100. :)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • my first lv 100 pokemon was a driftblim. i dont actually count it tho since i just used alot of rare candies on it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back