• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
  • Super Mario Land, on the original Gameboy, when I was...six, maybe seven? So long ago I can barely remember...although I did download this off the Virtual Console recently, and I'm wondering how I managed to finish it when I was younger when now I'm struggling with it. xD

Years
  • The first game that I believe I played was Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive when I was about 4.

However, thinking back there might have been 2 other points where I tried video games before that. Firstly, when I was 2, my dad bought an SNES. We had it for about 2 months before it was stolen, but I don't know if I ever attempted to play it. The second time was when I tried Duck Hunt at my cousin's house. I'm not quite sure if I played it before or after I played Sonic, but I do know it must have been right around the same time, because they moved away before I turned 5.

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
    Years
  • It appears I'm not the only one who played Sonic...

That was my first video game, and system. Sonic the Headgehog 2, and a Sega Genesis. I was four when I first got the system/game, and my parents and I would play it ALL the time.

We still play it actually, and we have yet to beat the game. They were so jealous when I beat the 3rd Sonic game. I'm the best.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    My first game was Super Mario Land, fun game it was... I was about 3 - 4 When I played it on the Gameboy. I still remember vividly when I defeated the last boss. :')
    What was the first video game you ever played?
    This screenshot is so reminiscing.

Yeap, Super Mario Land for me, too. I was 5 and I played it on a friend's Gameboy (those big-sized ones, you know-they were almost the size of my head back then lol) and I was completely hooked. I borrowed it for a few days and...I spent like 8 batteries on it.

Second game I played was Pokémon Blue, happily. 'Twas what got me into the Pokémon universe.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • Hmm... I was playing Warcraft at 3, Unreal Tournament at 4, but I'm not sure what my first was. Maybe Pokémon Red, but I don't even remember anything from when I played that so there may have been something before that.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • When I was offered my yellow Gameboy Color, the game that was put with was GEX :)
    Maybe you don't know... A little lezard that save the world, many quests (that were pretty difficult for a little girl who was just 5 :knockedou) in many places... No?
    Anyway, that was my first game, and even if younger I didn't pass through the first level, this game gave me the passion for video games !

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • This screenshot is so reminiscing.

Yeap, Super Mario Land for me, too. I was 5 and I played it on a friend's Gameboy (those big-sized ones, you know-they were almost the size of my head back then lol) and I was completely hooked. I borrowed it for a few days and...I spent like 8 batteries on it.

Second game I played was Pokémon Blue, happily. 'Twas what got me into the Pokémon universe.
    I don't remember the old brick Game Boy doing that well on battery life. And it took four AAs at a time. So... you probably played it for like an hour XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • This is probably the first game I have ever played.

It was either that or Wonderboy, freaking hard game. I think I did an LP of it, but gave up because I kept dying haha. :c

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    The first video game I ever played was Pokemon Red Version, and the first video game that I played that I actually owned was, well I can't remember the exact title but it was based on Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i suppose my first videogame would have to be sim city 2000. well, either that or the built-in windows' game of space pinball, although i can hardly call that a "videogame."

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My first game was technically five games because it was Super Mario All-Stars. :) But you don't wanna hear me ramble about that! I did that in the nostalgia thread haha.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    zelda links awakening for the gameboy classic on handheld,phantasy star one for sega master system on console, and doom for pc

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • My first game? Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and StarFox 64. The original games for the win. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    I'm pretty sure it was Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the Gamecube, but it might have been Jack and Jazz Rabbit for the computer. I was like 4 or 5 I think. The first game that I ever owned was Pokemon Sapphire, which I still have, but no longer have my original save data, because I started over.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • My dad and two brothers all played videogames, so I was introduced pretty early on. I actually can't remember for sure what my first system or game was, but it was either Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis or Secret of Mana on SNES.

Contrary to the Nostalgia Theory, I don't really like either of them that much anymore.

Back