• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

PaperNapkin

Owner of Red Hair.
Years
  • My first video game was actually Super Mario Brothers for the NES. My mom told me that I would be playing it in my diapers and wouldn't even bother to move/react to when I was pooping :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Zoids, definitely Zoids. I still remember it clearly when I was 5-6, I still have the PS2 before we got rid of it because years later we no longer played it. I wish i still have it though. :(

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I first ever played my cousin's Link to the Past when I was like 3 or 4. It was some family gathering that was important enough to shoot photos of little Rowan playing on his cousin's SNES. Awwwwww.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Bubble Bobble for the old C64, when I was 3. I still play it sometimes.....

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • My dad's saying The Lion King, but I have a feeling it was some kind of DOS RPG. I remember one of my earliest experiences with gaming was trying to figure out DOS and then failing to understand the basics of the game.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    For the PC, it was a Reversi game that was on a 5 1/4" floppy which came with the IBM that ended up being my first computer. I was two years old, and I'm pretty sure 2-year-old me could beat 21-year-old me at Reversi--that, or the AI in that game was just really bad. (Actually, that one's more likely.)

For handhelds, it was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC, when I was 10. I got amazingly lucky and found the game and a GBC at McDonalds, and we stayed there for over an hour and no one came to claim it, so I got to keep it.

For consoles, I have no idea because I used to hang out in electronic stores just to play on their displays. But the first two I owned (got them at the same time) were Creatures for the PS1 and Rayman Arena for the PS2, when I was 12.

...It amazes me that I can remember tiny details like this, especially from so long ago, yet I can't remember what I had for dinner two nights ago.

Riggir

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2012
    Hard to remember, actually I think it might have been Pokemon Red.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • For handhelds, it was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC, when I was 10. I got amazingly lucky and found the game and a GBC at McDonalds, and we stayed there for over an hour and no one came to claim it, so I got to keep it.
    I found a GBC and some games (included SMB Deluxe) in a rental car once XD I didn't keep them though. Should have.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Born and raised on Super mario world, Starfox 64, and legend of zelda ocarina of time. My parents/grandparents had em, and I played it together with them, and at times, alone. I was hooked and a gamer since then (Whch was ever since I was 3 or 4)

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
  • My love of Pokemon started with my first game I ever played. The first game I ever played (ever, ever played) was Pokemon Yellow. I was 4 then, so I thought my "Badges" screen said "Badgers' ;). Eventually, my Yellow was played too much and wouldn't start up anymore.

laccey

xooooo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    i could not exactly tell what was the first video game that i played, but as far as my mind could reach, i think it was super mario. :/

Years
  • I really can't remember, but these are my earliest memories:
    A Spanish version of Pokemon Yellow that my auntie and uncle got me from their holiday. I couldn't even get out of Professor Oak's lab, but I was young, so yeah.
    Playing Super Mario Kart on my SNES with my cousin. I always picked Luigi, even way back then.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Either Duck Hunt or Super Mario Bros for the NES

Pretty much this. Or at least those are the two games I have clear memories playing. There were several other NES/Famicom games I can vaguely remember (I had one of those fake x-in-1 game cartridges), like Excite Bike and Lode Runner.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    while i cant really remember since i started playing when i was really young
    i would have to say either Aladin on NES or Super Mario world also on my NES

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • One of my dad's friends had a Donkey Kong arcade cabinet at his house that I remember playing when I was real little.

Other than that, there was an educational game on the family computer that I vaguely remember playing that featured Donald Duck trying to "catch" all the letters of the alphabet. :/

Back