• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first vocaloid song you listened to?

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
Years
  • Mine would have to either be "Love is War" or "Melt" Its really hard to remember how i got into vocaloid in the first place. Its been years since i started listening to it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It was these two:

Needless to say the first one I liked, the second scared me a bit :<

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    It'd be "My Time" aka "Watashi no Jikan", waaaay back when it came out. Had registered for NicoVideo a while ago back then, and had discovered the rankings recently i think. I remember mostly because it was while Watashi no Jikan still had the DDL link on it's description. After that, it'd probably have to be the Miku version of Ne Ni Ge De Reset.

Man, going back is bringing a lot of old songs i used to listen to, brb while I reminisce about the good old days XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I think it was Daughter of Evil, from memory, but I could be wrong. I have so much Vocaloid junk on my iTunes that it all kinda blurs. XP

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I know every song mentioned so far. Yays! :D

Oh yeah! I heard that one fairly early on too. I loved the PV. It was a bit odd at first, but it didn't take long for it to grow on me. lol
    It always bugged me how on some of the close-ups she looks at the camera for a split second, and on some of them she doesn't. lol

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    i was there during the genesis with the first demo songs.
    i only regarded vocaloids as a novelty back then though

the first one i really cared about was the mixed version of kokoro and kokoro kiseki?!
    the PV for which is, incidentally, my current theme

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • I believe when I returned on osu!, the first Vocaloid song I was playing there was Ievan Polkka. Hahaha. I really don't remember what the first original Vocaloid song I actually listened to though, but it's probably Melt, True my heart, or Miku ni shite ageru.

Those songs are classics...Just nice classics. This was around late 2008, if I recall correctly! :D

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Melt. The instrumentals, the carefree, playful mood of the song - I just fell in love with it at once and listened to it again and again. After that, Love is War. <3

Years
  • If you don't like vocaloid, just go with the first Japanese song in general.
    Don't mind if I do.

Yakusoku wa iranai (約束はいらない), or "I Don't Need Promises", the opening song to Escaflowne, sung by Maaya Sakamoto (坂本真綾). It was good then and it's still good now. Oh, you wonderful song, you. You started it all...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ievan Polkka voiced by Miku Hatsune. Triple Baka thereafter... Really not my thing.
    So yeah, first Japanese song: Kiss Me Sunlights by Heart of Air.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Heartbreaker, by Rin Kagamine. Still a good song to listen to when you're riding your bike at night.

Also, I'm surprised at all the confusion surrounding Yukkuri Shiteitte, ne! Is it the floating head things? Because the floating heads are called Yukkuris. They is a Toehoe (Touhou Project) meme.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Heartbreaker, by Rin Kagamine. Still a good song to listen to when you're riding your bike at night.

Also, I'm surprised at all the confusion surrounding Yukkuri Shiteitte, ne! Is it the floating head things? Because the floating heads are called Yukkuris. They is a Toehoe (Touhou Project) meme.
    I think it's just weird sounding in general. I love it though, personally. lol

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • I heard about it from my friends a lot, I only started listening to some recently. I'm sure I'd heard some before like without noticing (for instance
    イッシュのポケモン 言えるのか! )

The the first one I intentionally and fully listened was this one:

Despite not really liking 'dark' songs normally, I quite liked it! I wish I had better headphones now!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Uhm... it was one of the following:
    World is Mine - Miku Hatsune (or was in Rin)
    Love is War - Miku Hatsune
    Daughter of Evil - Rin Kagamine
    Meltdown - Rin Kagamine

It might have been another Vocaloid song, but as if I remember. /doesn't pay too much to them in general, derp.

As for first Japanese song in general it was Catch you Catch me. That one I know for sure.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it was Antichlorobenzene by Rin Kagamine, Cantarella by Rin and Len Kagamine, or Po Pi Po by Miku Hatsune. I'm not sure

Back