• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
  • Berserk! i read all 373 chapters in a week. Kentaro Miura is....I salute him. He has my utmost respect for carving such a macabre yet hopeful tale.
    14.jpg

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Bleach Thousand Year Blood War Part 2 has started english dubbed. Great start so far. Even if it doesn't match up to Part 1... watching Bleach again is still nice. 😄

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • So Ive rewatched the anime many times to the current episode, i decided since im also up to date with the manga since i read it from the last point i was at in the anime, and im also still currently up to date to the anime. Im re-visiting (I call it cause i never read it from chapter 1 to current) One Piece. Im reading and collecting the physical manga books from beginning to current, Im on the start of Vol 25, Chapter 227, So my last Chapter I read was 226 of One Piece.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I tried watching Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon. Is it stupid? Yes. It is. However... it's funny too. So... as long as you don't take it too seriously... it's enjoyable. Yes I know how hypocritical that sounds considering some seem to think I take things too seriously. Each situation is different. Literally. But whatever I don't care.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Finished off both seasons of Tokyo Revengers. Mildly disappointed in it after so many people were trying to hype it up as one of the goats.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Oof. I've only heard good things up until now.

It's enjoyable enough, but I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone. The english dub was better than the sub, which was surprising. But the MC just never does anything and never changes to be able to do anything. He is just another camera angle for about 80% of the show despite being the one who everything is supposed to be changing because of.

Years
  • It's enjoyable enough, but I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone. The english dub was better than the sub, which was surprising. But the MC just never does anything and never changes to be able to do anything. He is just another camera angle for about 80% of the show despite being the one who everything is supposed to be changing because of.

Yikes

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Currently finishing book 11 of Flying Witch. Before that it was Sweetness and Lightning. I would really like another series like that to be honest.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • FLCL Shoegaze began last night. Considering how Grunge was a complete and utter waste of time... that's an extremely low bar to cross.

But I'll admit... interesting start so far.

Days
  • The last anime I watched was Code Geass. I'm not a fan of mecha anime and this show didn't change my mind on that, but I did enjoy the anime because I am a fan of the intelligent master-strategist mc trope. It reminded me of a mecha death note
    Spoiler:

I can't say however that it was very impactful on me so I can only give it a 10 within the mecha genre (by default).

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Currently Watching Digimon Tri., mostly because Izzy/Koshiro is utterly adorable in general in it. It's a bit slow but the animation is gorgeous and I love where they went with the characters' personalities. The fights have been pretty good, too. Still can't beat the utter crap shoot masterpiece that is the English dub of Digimon: The Movie.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I re-watched Evangelion back at the start of summer. I've gotta get caught up on some of the shows I've only seen the first season of but I've been playing too many games in my free time instead.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Dr. Stone S3 cour 2. Apparently the first episode was a same-day simuldub. I seriously doubt the rest of the season/cour will be like that... but damn would it be nice. Either way... good start.

Years
  • I've been watching One Piece over the past few weeks (I'm up to EP94) and the last (and only) manga I've read was Full Metal Alchemist. I love both, although for very different reasons. FMA has the "deeper" story and the characters are better fleshed out; but One Piece is essentially infinite and it's very entertaining to watch Luffy & Co get into all kinds of wacky situations.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Rurouni Kenshin 2023 remake anime. Yep... it's begun english dubbed as well believe it or not. I really hope it covers all of the manga... I'm DESPERATE to see something from the final manga arc in anime form (involves Yahiko).

So happy this has begun english dubbed.

Back