• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

.hack

skunkape
Years
  • Re-read Kaiju No. 8 vols 1-3 as I've got the physical vols now and originally read on the Shonen Jump app, I have vol 4 pre ordered too, gonna stick to the physicals now they're being released. Back when I picked this series up that wasn't certain, been reading this since it first dropped!
    Same thing with a bunch of the series I started on the app when they first dropped (Spy x Family, Chainsaw Man) are all now super popular and so ofc getting physicals, and I pretty much stop reading it on the app once the physical releases are confirmed as I prefer reading that way. Annoyingly it does mean I'm not up to date on the manga of these series anymore but oh well, super psyched for their anime anyway.

For anime I watched Inferno Cop which was a fun short ride, and I'm still watching a lot of the same stuff I mentioned in my last post; Kemono Jihen, Ao Ashi, Owari no Seraph S2 & Black Clover.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • With Shaman King 2021 finally finished on Netflix... I need something to watch while I wait for Edens Zero S2 and the next Shaman King anime (sequel or whatever).

So I ended up deciding to watch Dragon Pilot. It's short so that ended up being one of the key factors. I can't really say much about it yet as I've only seen one ep.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • Re-watched Death Note recently, and the original live action films. I will always believe that the live action did a better job with the story than the anime, which may seem odd but it was so much more satisfying to me.

Years
  • Re-watched Death Note recently, and the original live action films. I will always believe that the live action did a better job with the story than the anime, which may seem odd but it was so much more satisfying to me.

You might be the only person I've ever head express this opinion.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • You might be the only person I've ever head express this opinion.

I might find that surprising, but live actions do seem to be notoriously low rated.
    I am a huge Death Note fan though, nothing casual about my interest with the amount I have spent on the merchandise so I shall take a moment and explain some of my take briefly. And for context I am speaking on the live action films: "Death Note" (2006) and "Death Note 2: The Last Name" (2008). "The Last Name" being my primarily focus with it's conclusion, though I find all four films to be brilliant.
    Spoiler:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I finished Owari no Seraph which I found pretty average, I'm surprised it's as popular as it is and that I've seen some super passionate fans. I'm usually really into vampire anime too. It is watchable tho and I'd probably consider watching a S3 if they made one, it'd be a super low priority watch tho.

I started Tekken Bloodlines on Netflix which has been pretty terrible so far lol. A shame as I'm a big Tekken fan and would love to see us get a good anime, I do feel Tekken has good anime potential. The Tekken anime movie it got some time ago was terrible too.

So I ended up deciding to watch Dragon Pilot. It's short so that ended up being one of the key factors. I can't really say much about it yet as I've only seen one ep.

I dropped Dragon Pilot, didn't think much of it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just finished "My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World". Pretty average isekai anime with nothing super exciting really going on.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • finished Tekken Bloodlines which was pretty bleak, hope Tekken gets a decent anime one day.
    I also watched the OVA Call me Tonight which was super weird but kinda cool!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Slowly making my way through the Demon Slayer manga finally :) Never ended up watching any content so has been interesting going into it relatively blind. Enjoyable though!

Last thing I finished must have been Boys Run the Riot I think? I liked it. Also from the last post did finish Ao Haru Ride, it was a little underwhelming but a light and quick read I still had fun with.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I finished the first "part" of Gambling Apocalypse: Kaiji.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • My Hero Academia S6 has officially started (english dubbed as well). Great start so far. Hopefully I can enjoy it more than last season.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I'd almost finished Kemono Jihen when the newer shows I've been anticipated started airing, I still have a couple left of that to watch. I started MHA 6 and CSM and also the MHA5 OVA which I'd somehow missed.

I had just finished a few 80's OVAs too, Maryuu Senki & Gakuen Tokusou Hikaruon. &Lastly Cagaster of an Insect Cage on Netflix.

I've also been reading the Devilman manga through the Classic Collection.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss - the more recent isekai genre anime series I've watched are now taking a spin on the prompt. Instead of being transported to a fantasy world, the protagonist is transported into an otome game. I had mixed feelings about Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs. It juggled some interesting ideas, but the characters were flat. For Villainess, it's just so refreshing! The protagonist is 'reborn' at the exact moment her "new world" fiancé breaks up with her. She moves on quite quickly and proceeds to court the demon lord to prevent the Bad Route from occurring. She's doing her absolute best to also mend the strained relationship between humans and demons in this world. Highly recommend watching Villainess.

Years
  • I've been watching through Welcome to the Ballroom and really enjoying it. Also going to start MHA s6 once there's a few more episodes probably.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Spriggan is what I'm currently watching that isn't a weekly show and it's...too long.

And was made in the wrong era. It belongs in the 90s alongside Akira, and it should have stayed there.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I finished Kemono Jihen and have been keeping up with CSM & MHA. I did watch a whole load other of some obscure stuff, but nothing that great or memorable for me to dig the names up. One thing worth the mention was a set of 4 music shorts called Amazing Nuts! it turned out a lot better than I was expecting and defo worth the watch!

Back