• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    The most recent film I watched was 'The Big Lebowski'. It was one of those films I'd been meaning to watch for ages but just hadn't got round to. I really enjoyed it, but it is absolutely bonkers!

GingerS

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Downton Abbey - 7/10
    Exactly what you'd expect. It's a nice watch if you're a fan of the series, but I won't say much more as it's not out yet.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Finally got around to watching Goosebumps 2...I was disappointed. :( Most of the monsters weren't even adapted from the Goosebumps books, for pete's sake! There were some background monsters that were interesting enough for me to look up, like the cyborg or the gummy bears that got so much attention in the marketing, and they weren't even in the books. Tell me, what is the point of a non-Goosebumps Goosebumps adaptation?? IDK, maybe I could've tried harder to look past that, but I just didn't find the characters and story as interesting or the humor as funny as 1, either. The best part of the movie for me was probably
    Spoiler:
    Now I'm watching the original to cleanse my palette.

(The spider was rad, though)

Last edited:
    Years
  • It 2

First was way better, but they did a great job finding adult actors to look like the younger ones.

kowalskyhub

Kowalsky
    Years
  • I watched new spiderman movie, seeing Tony Stark memorial in it was really sad... Anyway, movie was really good and that footage with drones creating virtual reality was really awesome.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy yesterday, just for a bit of fun. It was just as good as I remember it, and I hadn't seen the movies in almost seven years.

Years
  • Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, a classic. I had seen the play live this weekend and really loved every minute of it, so I checked out the 1960s film adaptation with Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Sandy Dennis and George Segall to relive it. It's interesting seeing how many different ways you can portray George and Martha. Seeing Richard Burton's portrayal of George reminded me very much of someone I knew. It's a movie that feels very real. A good movie adaptation that keeps the heart of the play. it makes some cuts here and there for time and tones down the swearing and sex a little for the day, but it's a faithful adaptation ultimately, really well-acted. I like the setting variations and overall production design. It's so dark and seedy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • X-Men: Dark Phoenix and while it have nothing exceptional I was agreeably surprised by it considering all the bad reviews I've seen online before watching it. I wish I hadn't waited so long to watch it.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Assimilate (on Netflix). Honestly I found it pretty mediocre, but scary nonetheless. I thought the best, most chilling part was when they went to Kayla's house (no spoilers!) and then the next day (same!), and I wish the rest of the movie had been more like that. (Also, not really relevant, but the ending of the movie was almost exactly the same as the ending of a nightmare I once had. Eek!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shutter Island. Exquisite movie in every way, the haunting music and creepy atmosphere, striking visuals, strong cast-- particularly the intense chemistry between Michelle Williams and Leonardo DiCaprio, the plot twist, and a faithful adaptation of the book. Inception seemed to be everyone's favorite DiCaprio film back in 2010, but mine was actually Shutter Island. I think this is also the best of his many collaborations with Martin Scorsese.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Thirteenth Year, had it downloaded from disney+. Was a movie I watched first when I was a child years ago and I am using disney+ to watch my favorite movies from years ago.

Years
  • Viktor Frankenstein. I don't care whether this movie made money or not, nor what the critics say, I enjoyed it. I really love the friendship between Viktor and Igor. James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe make a great pair.

Years
  • Green Book - a true story about a classical African American musician who travelled the Southern states of America with an Italian chauffeur. Amazing and really insightful, would definitely recommend (although maybe not if you don't want to cry)

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Ice Age 5 I think? Kind of lost track of how many there are but it's the one with the meteorites.

Ok looked It up and it's definitely number 5. Crash Course. Anyway. It was nice because Buck the weasel returned but there was a timeskip or something because Peaches was engaged to a new character who was never introduces whatsoever at least to my knowledge but eh. It was funny. I enjoyed it.

Back