• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I just watched The Irishman and The Old Guard within the past three days. They were alright I guess. The Irishman was better imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The last movie I watched was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was gonna watch Good Burger last night but completely forgot about it.

Years
  • I watched Winchester and The Martian yesterday.

I've seen the Martian several times before and it's one of my favourite movies. Every time I watch it I tell myself I need to try the book, but I've never gotten around to it.

Winchester was a first. It wasn't revolutionary and it was easy to recognise the common horror tropes and tricks of the trade present, but I still enjoyed it. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but it was a solid horror film with an interesting premise and a good cast. I looked it up after and was genuinely surprised to see that it had actually scored abysmal reviews just about everywhere. I thought it was decent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Joker (2019)

A thrilling interpretation of a clown villain driven mad by the failures of society.

It does a very good job building up Arthur Fleck to become the titular bad guy.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Titanic, i'll stopped watching when the crew refused to let the male passengers go into the boats

[*] mr. Jack

Other than that there were many Marvel movies: Hulk, Spider-Man, and about Marvel team

I need to watch the "Return to the blue Lagoon" from my german DVD on my PS3 soon while the summer lasts

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Just finished watching Detective Pikachu again since first seeing it in theaters! Still just as charming. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Just finished watching Black Panther for the first time. The local station played it commercial free tonight.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    As said above me ....i'm also watching Black Panther...........WAKANDA FOREVER i guess
    R.I.P Chadwick😭

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    GATTACA.

Very well thought out and gloomy and mellow yet almost intense in a strange way. Poetically comments on society and its sick standards.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Doctor Sleep
    I've never particularly liked The Shining, at all. But Stephen King does paint interesting worlds. Doctor Sleep gave more meaning to The Shining (I really didn't understand that movie before) and wasn't really horror as much as fantasy. It also gave nice closure. So overall a decent flick.

Years
  • I wanna say the most recent movie I watched was Disney Pixar's Coco. I've seen it several times, and threw it on the other night. It's SO good.
    The songs are great, and the story is pretty good, too.

Years
  • Joker

It ain't half bad. You can't help but feel awfully sorry for the Joker, like Erik from Phantom of the Opera sympathy. Joaquin Phoenix emerses himself in this character and is fully convincing, the laughter, the weight loss, the way he applies his make up, and is beyond startling as the character's mental state keeps crumbling away into the villain we know and love. My favorite Joker is still Heath Ledger, but credit where it is due, Phoenix was extremely good too in the role.

The soundtrack is decent, liked the use of all the Frank Sinatra songs. The murders are done realistically enough, and there was some genuine shock value. All the acting was good, and there's some fun plot twists.

Years
  • Watched Knives Out last night and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Being a Rian Johson film I was expecting a turd but I think it was an above average, fun who-dunnit.

Years
  • No Country for Old Men. watched with my gf some time ago and we both had a hard time deciphering its meaning or whatever. i guess we really just ain't all that introspective, and why we generally go for more light stuff. this was something new though!

Back