• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    • Online now
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. It wasn't my favorite MCU film, but wasn't horrible either.

It had some funny jokes, overall didn't find the plot or protagonist completely interesting.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Operation Mincemeat (2022). Mainly for its excellent cast (and one actor in particular whom you might recognize from Harry Potter 👀), but it was a great historical drama and an overall great film. 10/10

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2. To be honest, it was pretty good. Especially with the addition of both Tails and Knuckles. And was pretty cool they left it open for another sequel.

Years
    Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

I had no expectations for this movie after the last one, but it wasn't that bad. I had it playing in the background while working, and it was fun.

Years
    No Country For Old Men (2007)
    I got my partner to watch this with me because I kinda liked Anton Chigurh's aesthetic/vibes, but we ended up not understanding a thing lol. A tad too deep for our feeble un-American minds...

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once (2022) got us crying a few days ago though ngl

Years
    Watched the Bob's Burgers movie.

We enjoyed it although... ***spoilers ahead***

Spoiler:

Years
    Jurassic World Dominion

The reviews are terrible... the movie is fun!

I have talked about this film with so many people IRL and they all loved it! I can't remember the last time that happened. I also can't remember seeing anyone on their phone during the screening which was very unusual!

The plot is full of holes, fan service is in every scene, but give it a watch - you will likely leave with a smile on your face!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    Been rewatching Venom not too long ago. Despite of some of the criticism, I actually thought it was pretty cool, and the action scenes were really enjoyable.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, about 4 days ago
    Great movie, I should've watched sooner, but I was kinda busy

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Encanto (2021). Good, but not as hypeworthy as I thought it would be. It looked nice and it handled its plot decently, but it hit a lot of the same beats as Frozen and Moana and as a result came off as bland to me. 6/10 at best.

John Leguizamo as Bruno was a highlight though! I'd make jokes related to the actor's role in Jon Favreau's Chef, but I don't want to break forum rules. I also admit the "Dos Oruguitas" flashback sequence had me a bit emotional, and that I liked Mirabel's cousins more than Mirabel herself or her sisters.

Years
    Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) - 3rd movie I've seen from this MCU phase and I think it will be the last. This was so bad, but boringly bad that I actively looked at my watch and prayed for the movie to end.

Years
    Also Thor: Love and Thunder!

It was an all-in 100% Taika Waititi film and that is all I need to say tbh. If you like his humour you might like it. I personally thought it was absolutely dreadful.

pkmin3033

I...didn't hate it. I didn't love it or anything, but it was significantly better than I thought it was going to be, given that the quality of the CGI they used was not particularly great - somewhere between uncanny valley realism and that awful CGI they've used for every other Disney Pixar film for years, like Frozen - and that I feel Toy Story and all things associated with it should have stopped with the third film. The premise of it being the movie Andy loved as a kid was a bit far-fetched (although I DID get Lost in Space vibes from it, and I loved that movie when I was a kid, so the idea of this being an alt-reality Lost in Space gives it a bit more credibility!) but I enjoyed all the little callbacks to Buzz's lines from previous films (both the well-known and more obscure) and as far as Disney films go...well, they've done worse in recent years. And this was substantially better than the AWFUL animated series Buzz got back when he was insanely popular as a character.

Years
    Valhalla Rising

I watched it on Tubi last night because the title sounded cool, and Mads Mikkelsen was in it. He is always excellent to watch act in any role he undertakes. I was not disappointed.

I think it's a very interesting independent film that drew me in with a small cast of actors and such sparse dialogue, and this hypnotic atmosphere like you too are trapped inside a nightmare on the grim voyage along with the crew. The directing really captured Scotland's imposing highlands with that camera lens, looking at the vast hills and sky just left me breathless in some shots. The sound effects, music and often silence also is very unnerving.

I might rewatch it tonight for more insight , but I would like to believe the theory that there is much more to One-Eye than meets the eye. Hint. Hint.

Back