• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the very first anime you watched?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The first was either Dragonball Z or Pokémon. I can't quite remember. If it was Pokémon; I probably didn't know it was an anime until much later on in my life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sailor Moon was the first I saw.
    Pokemon was the first I actually watched.
    Elfen Lied was the first I watched in the knowledge of what anime is.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    For me it was Digimon, back when the first season was on its original run. My friends were all raving about it, and being the impressionable first grader that I was, I just had to check it out. I'm glad I did, it's a fun show to watch. I guess I encountered the Pokemon anime around the same time, but that one certainly hasn't stuck with me as long as Digimon has. I don't recall how much I liked the Pokemon cartoon at the time, but I do know that I became a fan because of the games, not the show.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    The first one I saw was Speed Racer and then this other one with a genie in a bottle or something and he had a daughter named Yawn.. I don't really remember it too well. I just liked the ending song. xD But the first anime I really got into was Sailor Moon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    If I remember correctly, it was Cardcaptor Sakura or Pokemon.

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    It was either Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, or Pokémon. I think it was Sailor Moon though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Like alot o the others i'm not completely sure^^"

maybe it was cardcaptors,sailor moon or even pokemon.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My first anime was Pokemon, back in 1998-9 if I recall correctly. Than in 2000 it was Beyblade. And then it took a whole lot of time before I finally stepped into the big world of anime that weren't shown in my country. Fullmetal Alchemist in 2005/6 =o

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I always thought speed racer was a cartoon made in the us. Now I'm questioning other cartoons. xD

Any I guess it was that. Then pokémon.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    It's Pokemon.
    You know, back when my WHOLE class knew (and loved) Pokemon, we were totally pissed when Tokyo Mew Mew replaced Pokemon.
    Sadly, we ALL (and I mean it, ALL) changed our interests from Pokemon to TMM. (We even sang the opening of it in class!)

Digimon was another thing. I really liked it when I was small, I think it was equal to Pokemon now. But I don't really like THOSE degrees of monsters.

Back