• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was the worst trick you fell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I fell for everything that had to do with obtaining Mew. XD Eventually, I found one that worked, but still . . . I'm pretty gullible.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Nobody in this thread should feel guilty for falling for it, nor should those who didn't be proud.

If you're a kid, you cannot wait for a trick to give you a new Pokemon.

Why I fell for them? Because some of them really do work. I followed instructions on how to get a Kangaskhan quickly in the Safari zone, the Missingo item glitch and invisible items on the floor.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
    There is a mew glitch that really does work. I know because I have a Mew on Red.

On the contrary, (man, I can't believe I fell for this) that if you duplicate your Masterballs with MissingNo (for me, nearly a daily chore) and go to the elite four. when you get to lance and he sends out his last Pokemon, throw a Masterball immediately, and he'll block it, but you catch him instead. He apparently knows Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Bite and double slap. lol, I actually tried it and nothing (obviously) happened.

Years
    The one I fell for was if you catch the unown and put them in the order in your party which spells out C.E.L.E.B.I then you go to the shrine in Ilex Forest you can catch Celebi which did not work!

Years
    There is a mew glitch that really does work. I know because I have a Mew on Red.

On the contrary, (man, I can't believe I fell for this) that if you duplicate your Masterballs with MissingNo (for me, nearly a daily chore) and go to the elite four. when you get to lance and he sends out his last Pokemon, throw a Masterball immediately, and he'll block it, but you catch him instead. He apparently knows Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Bite and double slap. lol, I actually tried it and nothing (obviously) happened.

That's absolutely hilarious!!

I'm gonna try that rofl...

I've only fell for the MissingNo trick, I didn't even know what the truck did or even existed before I visited this thread

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i used the mew trick for yellow best idea ever i got a mew before my 2nd bage it was awesome

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    ??? i once tried missingNo but didn't work

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    on gold in a double battle i fell for the good old protect earthquake combo
    There are no double battles in Gold and the topic isn't even about tricks like that to begin with. Read the topic before posting next time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yeah, I fell for that "Mew/truck" thing, except the way I heard it was entirely different; you need to get behind it, teach Chansey strength, and push the truck foreward. If you went in front, your rival would get in, and run you over, killing you and your pokemon (WTF? XD)

Oh geez, that is FUNNY! xD

(GOLD)
    My next door neighbour told me if you threw a MasterBall at the shrine, you'd get Celebi. Me, being a smart cookie, cloned the MasterBall many times and saved before I did it. I restarted it a few times, then realised it didn't work.

(BLUE)
    The same person, said if you beat the League 100 times, Bill's Garden would open up, it follow through to a special item for Celebi (to trade to G/S) and Mew would be there too. Ehe, that one, I knew, was total bogus .

Ehe. Why did I believe the guy? He once told me he created Bulbasaur X_X

LMAO LMAO LMAO LOOK HERE FOR A GOOD LAUGH. More bogus cheats

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
    I heard if u play 1000 hours your person dies with your pokemon and u become a guy named black and your pokemon are gastly.
    also i heard if u complete your dex prof.oak dies and u get a celebi

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    never heard of those am guessing they din't work

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Is this false? If you play Ruby/Sapphire, after a year (of play time), there is a glitch that's something to do with the berries. Well, I've always thought the berries are glitchy anyway.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    Is this false? If you play Ruby/Sapphire, after a year (of play time), there is a glitch that's something to do with the berries. Well, I've always thought the berries are glitchy anyway.

The internal battery could run dry....which means days wouldn't pass, so new berries wouldn't grow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    But why exactly a year? I think the battery would run dry before that, and it also depends on how much you save and load. And I've heard this can be fixed it you trade a Pokemon from Colloseum or Channel or something like that, but that seems strange because the battery can't be recharged at least not this way. You can only insert a new battery to make it work again.

GastlyGuy

The Ancient Being...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I heard if u play 1000 hours your person dies with your pokemon and u become a guy named black and your pokemon are gastly.
    also i heard if u complete your dex prof.oak dies and u get a celebi

LMAO!!!

When I was on YouTube I saw a video showing how to catch Mew.I was totally up for catching him but then I thought..."Is it photoshopped?" and I didnt try.It may work though but I cant find my game.I will try if I find it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back