• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Was Your First 4th Gen Game?

What Was Your First 4th Gen Game?

• Pearl

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Diamond

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • My first was Pokémon Diamond imported from the US since there was quite a wait for the European release. I'd definitely say Generation IV is the most underrated gen, absolutely loved DPPT!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Mine was Heart Gold.

My girlfriend's little sister got a Nintendo DS from one of her friend and they didn't really use it so she gave it to me. And I said okay, what should I buy? Hmm, I liked Pokemon back in the days and my favorite region is getting a remake? I'll definitely get that one. Aaaand, because of Heart Gold, I found my love for Pokemon all over again. Heart Gold brought me back to Pokemon :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Mine was Diamond, I bought it as soon as it was released along with my fist Nintendo DS console (an Ice-blue Nintendo DS Lite) ^_^

Years
  • Mine was pearl. I got it for Christmas, and my best friend got diamond on that same Christmas, so that worked out well.

About 3 years ago my dog ate it. Literally. My little brother left it on the floor and my dog picked it up and ate it. Memories = gone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I bought Diamond and Pearl both on release day in North America. April 22, 2007! :) I still have my original Diamond, but I lost Pearl twice and am sitting on my third copy of the game currently, haha. Sad that my obsession with collecting brought me to buy the game three times in total, because nowadays, I really don't like it.

Since I prefered Diamond over Pearl back then, I'll just vote Diamond since I can't vote both.

Years
  • I ended up buying my 4th gen games long after they'd all been released; I got both Diamond and SoulSilver but I'm pretty sure it was Diamond first cause I wanted to play them in order :)

I remember being completely blown away by the graphics and everything of it as the last game I had played if I remember correctly before then was Leaf Green so it was a massive step up and left a major impact on me :)

Years
  • Pokémon Pearl, which was a birthday present for my 8th birthday. I bought Platinum whenit came out, but I gave that to my friend who wanted to get into Pokémon. And I bought Soul Silver about a week after it was released. So yeah, those 3 in that order, never played Diamond or Heart Gold.

Back