• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first anime?

Ayesha

惚け
Years
  • Pokemon! I was like 3 and my brother who was 12-13 at the time used to watch it every day. I used to tell him I hated it but I was just as eager to watch. xD Hehe.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • My first glimpse? Detective Conan. My first full-length: Pokemon... *drool*

Yeah, I got more hooked on Pokemon than Detective Conan (which I discovered a few years later, flipping through channels).

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • I born at 1992,I starting to watch akazukin chacha at 1994 and then cardcaptor sakura and pokemon but I don't know about sailor moon and I never watch anime at 1993 cause anime is so bored for me before....but now anime is kinda not bored to me anymore

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Wow, you're all making me feel old. The first anime I can remember watching is The Littl' Bits, in 1991. The first anime I watched knowing that it was the product of another country was Tenchi Muyo, I believe in 1995. What really hooked me was the Tenchi Muyo movie.

Poké!

And as the world ends...
    Years
  • The first anime I saw was Pokémon; a small glimpse of it, when I was little; later, more Pokémon, then came the Naruto phase. I do watch anime stuff on occasion, but not very much.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My first was Pokemon. My second one was Sailor Moon. I miss that show!

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
  • I do believe my first ever anime was Sailor Moon. It was on Toonami, and now that I reflect back, I probably watched it because I had an innate love of girls even back then. I also think I thought 'cooties' was BS back then, and even wanted that one Sailor Moon wand thingy for Christmas one year... thank goodness my parents didn't buy me it.

As for my first 'serious' anime, it's a tie between YuYu Haskusho and InuYasha.

Last edited:
    Back