• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever pokemon?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2008
    Yeah, like, what was your first ever pokemon in the pokemon games.

Mine was bulbasaur

My first caught was pidgey

ELITE_001

7yr masta veteran :) :P
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Cyndaquil in gold version about 7yrs ago... ahhhh good times, good times. Typhlosion is still my favorite pokemon

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Charmander in Red Version, back in 1998. That would make it almost 9 years ago...good times. Back then, most of the people at my school (I was in 5th grade) tended to prefer Squirtle, but I chose otherwise and have NOT regretted it. Charizard's been my favorite pokemon since forever, more or less.

Years
  • My first pokemon from the very first time I started playing Pokemon was Squirtle in Pokemon Red. The very first Pokemon I ever caught was a Ratatta.

Ah, the memories...

My first pokemon from the very first time I started playing Pokemon was Squirtle in Pokemon Red. The very first Pokemon I ever caught was a Ratatta.

Ah, the memories...

Last edited:

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Mouahahaha... I'm a last generation starter as I see...
    My first poke EVER was a Turtwig
    And my first catch was a vigorous Starly ;)
    Gotta start somewhere as they say... :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    My first was Totodile on silver. He is still my favorite, and I prefer silver out of G/S/C... But they all were fun... The new games just don't have the same feel as the classics. Gamefreak has been making new Pokemon to please the new generation of Pokemon players, I was fine with R/S/E, but now that D/P is out, they've gone to far. Why can't they try and please
    the Pokemon veterans and make new games with the RBY and GSC Pokemon? Wow, sorry I ranted on off-topic O.o

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • my first was pikachu in yellow version back in 1998... and i caught a caterpie right after... brings back so many memories..

Yellow version? 1998? Are you sure? Red/Blue versions didn't come out 'til 1999 in the UK :\ Wow. I never realized we were so behind...

Anyways, back on topic. My first ever was a Charmander, believe it or not. On Blue version. Charmander is now my least favourite of the Kanto starters XD

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • My first pokemon was I think Squirtle or Bulbasaur, Squirtle being one of my favorite water pokemon. My first caught was Caterpie <3 Aww Butterfree

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    My first ever was a Pikachu in yellow version. Then it was I think a Rattata or Pidgey I caught, but I know I caught both.

Years
  • The first Pokemon I've known was Charmander. My friend had it on his Red, later I played Blue and took Squirtle as my starter. But because it wasn't my game I don't count this. When I got my first own Pokemon game (Red) I chose Charmander as starter^^
    I can't remember which was my first Pokemon I caught... Probably a Pidgey or Catepie? Oo

Years
  • Mudkip. :D

But before I had my first pokémon game I played on my mate's once it was Blue but I cant remember which pokémon I had on it.

First I caught, either Wurmple Or Zigzagoon.

The first pokemon I'd ever heard of, I dont have a clue.

Back