• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever shiny catch (can be from encounter, trading, hatching, ect)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
  • My first shiny was Machop in Firered, I got just a while ago, only shiny i ever got that wasn't event(or shiny Gyrados in Heartgold, still an event though)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well, I was playing my copy of Pokemon Ruby, when I encountered a shiny Seedot... needless to say I've evolved it and transferred it to HeartGold ; it comfortably rests in a the "Grass" box at Lv. 17.

And on a ROM, I also encountered a shiny Duskull at Mt. Pyre. Awesome. Oh, and Red Gyarados. (;

Years
  • And on a ROM, I also encountered a shiny Duskull at Mt. Pyre. Awesome. Oh, and Red Gyarados. (;

That's funny cos when I was playing Ruby, I encountered a shiny Duskull at that exact same location. I caught her in the end. She's female with a Serious nature.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    i only found found one shiny and that was a an audino i was killing hundreds of audinoto lvl my pokemon faster

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    besides gyrados my first shiny i ever encountered was a golbat but sadly by accident i killed it i think it was with a critical hit i think i forgot it was like a year ago

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    My first shiny wasn't too long ago, somewhere mid 2011 and it was a Whismur. I actually caught it at school in lunchbreak hahaha, was during a re-play of Sapphire. TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH TO GET A SHINY, GOD.

Kaylachu

Ace Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Besides the obvious red Gyarados, I recently was traded a shiny Seviper in my Pokemon Black. However, I have never actually caught anything but the Gyarados. Knowing me, I've probably seen a ton of them, but never actually noticed ;C

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    Weedle in Ilex Forest in Soul Silver. Too bad that game was A) stolen, and B) a mono-ground run.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Mine was my 3rd time fully playing through crystal(beating Red), I first got Union Cave right after beating Falkner.
    I was trying to get a Goldeen, which is really rare with an old rod. I accidentally killed the first one(not shiny), but the second I found, I was OH MY GOD I found a shiny and caught it with my last Pokeball.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Venomoth in Fire Red.

I didn't even know it was a shiny at first because I was looking for a Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone. I wasn't really paying attention to the game and I would only look after I heard the Pokemon's cry.

So I saw a blue Venomoth and remembered how my brother once raised a Venomoth he caught from the Safari Zone to level one hundred without glitches or cheats in Yellow and thought it would be nice to catch it for old time's sake.

So, I caught it and started paying more attention to the game. Then, a few battles later, I ran into another Venomoth and noticed it was purple and didn't have sparkles.

"That was a SHINY?"

I still have that blue Venomoth.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not counting Red Gyarados, it was a Muk in Leaf Green. Sometime after I traded it away to a friend, but I have many more shinies to take its place :)

RIP Shiny Muk... hopefully your new owner will hang onto you longer than I did :P

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Machop in Diamond, roaming around the foggy area up north, I accidently pressed select (using the pokeradar) and a grass let off a sparkle! I evolved it to Machoke and never really used it again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    ARGH >.<

It's irritating, 'cause I've never caught one, I have however encountered one.
    It was a shiny Aipom in Emerald - I was playing the safari to try and find myself a gligar (I suceeded in that) I tried to catch the thing, but it ran.

So yeah, only a failed capture attempt :(

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Shiny Drowzee in Gold version (Didn't see the importance of catching the Red Gyarados back then)

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • My very first legit shiny was a Tangela I caught on Treasure Beach in LeafGreen. I blame that little bundle of vines for starting my shiny hunting obsessions.

Back