• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first game? Do you still enjoy it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Pokemon yellow was my first. I don't have my copy anymore and it's been 18 years since I last played it :(

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • My first ever Pokémon game was Pokémon Platinum and yes, I still own it! It's my favourite Pokémon game ever ^^ I'm currently re-playing it, but I don't have to much time to focus on it unfortunately :/

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'm thinking of replaying LeafGreen, my first game, when I have some free time this weekend. It's been about a year since I played FireRed, and probably much longer since I played LeafGreen.

Years
  • I'm thinking of replaying LeafGreen, my first game, when I have some free time this weekend. It's been about a year since I played FireRed, and probably much longer since I played LeafGreen.

Do it Kyle, I replayed FireRed this year and really enjoyed it. There's something really special about those games and time doesn't seem to age them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My first game was Red. I still enjoy playing it. I actually played through it a few months ago (when the VC releases came out), and I played through Blue then as well. I might start them again and play them again sometime soon.

There's something that I like about the simplicity of the gen I mechanics. Sure, I love the newer games too, but a lot of my favorite Pokemon are in gen I, and I feel like I now have a much better grasp on what set gen I battles apart from future generations than I did when I was younger. I also find that the single special stat sometimes allows me to use Pokemon that I wouldn't normally use today, or use them in a different way, so that's a lot of fun, too. And Red brings back so many memories.

(Now, if only they would release GSC, my favorites, again! And Stadium for my now competitively-made gen I teams!)

Years
  • The first game I played was the original Red and I loved playing it even though it my friend's. Though, it didn't matter because he also had Yellow and we had some pretty intense battles through the one and only link cable.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    LeafGreen was my first (canon--my previous game was a ROM hack on a cartridge lmao) game, although my connection with that game wasn't as strong as Emerald. It's probably because I never got past Cerulean City for some reason. I don't really play it often anymore, since I mostly play FireRed (which I believe is literally the same exact game minus box art, title screen and version exclusives), but I did have a fun time playing it as a child!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    My first game was Red Version. I remember being so excited when my next door neighbor gave it to me because he was no longer interested. I don't have it anymore unfortunately. Pretty sure it got lost in one of my multiple moves of apartments/houses. :/

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Red. It feels very weird going back to though. I kinda feel as if Gen I has aged pretty badly, but it still has its charm. I'm sure I still have my old cartridge somewhere...

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Ruby was my first game. Haven't touched it in forever, but I still like Emerald.

Dewmonic Abyss

YouTuber
    Years
  • The first game I ever played was Pokemon FireRed. And let me tell, I love the Kanto region beyond belief. I can easily play FR and LG, but also R/B/Y, just because it's Kanto. I'm a die hard fan of the first generation, even though Red was the second game I ever played. It gives me so much nostalgia.

strawberry

fairy-type
    Years
  • red rescue team was my first game! it's not really my favorite, but my old cartridge still holds some sentimental value to me. i recently started replaying it and it's still super difficult for me, just like the good ol' days :,)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    My first game was Red, when it was first released. I bought Yellow on the eShop in February, and I didn't finish it. The first generation titles have aged terribly in my opinion, I didn't enjoy the experience at all after a while. The graphics and sound were nostalgic and great, and the gameplay was more or less the same, but those little things - the EXP bar beneath your Pokemon's HP, battle speed, attack animations, etc - have really added up over the years. It wasn't as much fun as I was expecting it would be.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Pokemon Pinball. I still play it from time to time even if I can never get Evolution Mode to activate.

From the main series, Yellow. I still play Yellow a lot. I just never get tired of replaying it! Honestly, I'm like that with all my games, but the Pokemon series holds a special place in my heart.

Years
  • My first Pokemon game was Yellow i had many fun years playing with it But as of lately i have felt that it has lost it's touch on me it does not really feel like the same game i played 15 years ago I basically know everything about Pokemon now But back in the day i did not know that much and it was a little more fun to learn new strategies find which pokemon you want to use this time around and decide if you should waste the Masterball on one of the legendary birds or not.

Years
  • My first Pokemon game was red/blue(I had both for some reason). Now that I've tried some newer games it's sort of hard to go back when I know all the flaws(I've watched speedrunning) and things like abilities exist.

Back