• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first job?

What age were you when you got your first job?

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 17+

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I haven't had a job yet, but the closest job I ever got was helping my uncle and cousin put the finishing touches in a bakeshop.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Don't have one yet. I'm wanting to work at Panda Express though.
    Actually, now that I think about it... I did work in the school library all the way through high school... but I didn't get paid, or even get a grade for that. It just gave me elective credit... which I didn't need. lol

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Hm. My first real job, which I still do now when I don't have school commitments, is working in a local music shop, selling guitars to be specific. I started just after I turned 16 and I'm not 17 yet though so it hasn't been long, lol.

However, as a sort of less official job, I've been teaching guitar to a few people since I was 13. I stopped that when I got the job at the shop, though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was 18. I worked as a sales associate for a large sporting goods store. I worked there for three years before I was eventually fired in the aftermath of a...practical joke gone wrong. XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    My first job was at a.. fast food restaurant. Actually, still working now. I don't know, after talking with my classmates about how horrible their jobs is, I'm starting to appreciate mine. There's no senior-junior policy (in which the junior is always at fault), the managers are friendly and always takes your side (just last week, my manager even treated me!) and everyone is really close even though the restaurant is from a big corporation and they differ in age groups. Although I say that, I wouldn't say that I enjoy it. We seriously lack crews (I guess that's why we're so close?) so when the lunch rush starts, you really wanna die.

Years
    My first Job was working in a bar, its was fun but not good with all the drunk idiots hitting on you all the time :/

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    My first was in Office Depot's printing department. Started out just making copies and running the register, then somehow my duties evolved into maintenance & repair, negotiating thousand-dollar jobs, and canvassing leads.. all for minimum wage. I stayed for around a year and a half then left to manage an internet retailer's closed-door physical location. The job at OD greatly improved my social skills but my god.. I thought I disliked people before..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I had a paper route with my brother when I was around 14/15 but I don't really count that. My first "real" job was a hostess at a Chinese buffet. Within a day or two I was ushered over to phones to work as the operator taking orders and reservations because I was the only one who could talk to customers over the phone without an accent. :P I'd never worked before that and that's the only job I've held that wasn't pretty much a desk job. Never wanna go back to it. xD

Back