• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first main series Pokémon game?

What was your first main series Pokémon game?

• Pokémon Red

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Pokémon Blue

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Pokémon Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Yellow

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Pokémon Gold

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Pokémon Silver

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Pokémon Crystal

• Pokémon Ruby

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Pokémon Sapphire

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Pokémon FireRed

• Pokémon LeafGreen

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pokémon Emerald

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Pokémon Diamond

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Pokémon Pearl

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pokémon Platinum

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Pokémon HeartGold

• Pokémon SoulSilver

• Pokémon Black

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Pokémon White

• Pokémon Black 2

• Pokémon White 2

• Total voters

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I got Pokemon Red for my eighth birthday from my aunt and uncle. I had no idea what it was and I just played it to be polite. Fourteen years later...

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • My very first game in the main series was Yellow. I got it from an awesome friend, who also gave me his original brick Game Boy with it. :3

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Blue version, while my cousin got Red.
    Not really much else to say, got every version after that. Once D/P came around, I started only getting one or the other since I started getting more friends that played so trading wasn't an issue. I always got the "fusion" version like Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc.

Years
  • I had blue. The two other kids who had Pokemon both had red so they said I should get blue and I did. Still have it, and it still works. (b'')b

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • I'm sure my first was Red but then again it could've been Blue. I'm not entirely sure because I got them both at relatively close times but if I had to put my money on it I'd definitely say I had Red first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    My brother was fixing his PSP and needed parts, and since I never used the thing, we had a deal. He would trade me his Gameboy Advance, the charger, and Pokemon Sapphire for a couple screws from my PSP. So Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. Best deal ever, and better yet, now I have his PSP too! Rahahahaha!

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • The first game I got further than the first gym was Pokemon Gold when I was verrrry young. The first game I ever beat was Ruby. Both of these games belonged to my brother. The first game I ever bought/owned myself was Pearl when I was 10 years old.

PokeMMO

Squirtle
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Pokemon blue was my first, it was sooo long ago I can barely remember playing.

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
    Years
  • I started with Red, and I've beat every main-series game from there on except White 2. I played a Japanese Black 2 ROM through the Elite Four.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Technically I got Gold first, but some kid ripped me off for 3 dollars...damned thing didnt save...

So my friend gave me silver, when he got crystal. So I'm counting silver as my first.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2012
    Pokemon Sapphire. I found it a long time ago at a GameStop. I still haven't finished it. :P

Back