• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first main series Pokémon game?

What was your first main series Pokémon game?

• Pokémon Red

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Pokémon Blue

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Pokémon Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Yellow

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Pokémon Gold

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Pokémon Silver

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Pokémon Crystal

• Pokémon Ruby

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Pokémon Sapphire

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Pokémon FireRed

• Pokémon LeafGreen

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pokémon Emerald

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Pokémon Diamond

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Pokémon Pearl

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pokémon Platinum

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Pokémon HeartGold

• Pokémon SoulSilver

• Pokémon Black

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Pokémon White

• Pokémon Black 2

• Pokémon White 2

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    Pearl was my fist main series game, but I got explorers of time first.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Crystal was the first I got. I got a GBA right after they came out, and it was released not long after, I believe. I figured I'd pick it up because all my friends were going buck wild about the other games. I had a lot of fun with it.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • Red version all the way! My sister had Blue version.
    I received it as a Christmas gift back in 1998 [when it came out]. I played that game all the time. And once Pokemania hit in 1999, I continued to play and play and play. I have a file saved from 2003, and I am not deleting it until I get all 150 Pokemon.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Pokemon Red when it was fresh and new. I think that it was before Gen II came out as I remember seeing the commercial for it a lot later. But Gen I and Gen II games were mostly borrowed. My first game was Ruby. I bought GBA just so I could play it.

The story's like this: In 1999/2000, I visited my cousins and they had this awesome game. I borrowed it from them for a few days and I...erased their save file because I had no clue what I was doing since the game was in French, and I don't speak French. I fell in love with the game (and soon afterwards with the whole RPG genre), but couldn't beat it because of the language barrier. I didn't know that I could catch Pokemon, and I didn't know about Cut. So no Lt. Surge for me. I kinda forgot that I actually played the game first, and then started watching the show. Later the show aired and everybody played the games, so I had the luck to borrow games from my friends. My neighbor bought Gold when it came out and I was hooked. The reaction was mostly like everyone's. Omgkanto, omgred.

I can't really remember when exactly I bought Ruby, but it was probably a year or two after the release. After seeing the Advanced season, I was really surprised seeing May in the game and I usually played as her. Sadly, that's the only Pokemon game I bought, until few days ago. I've completed my GB/C main collection (half borrowed and forgotten, half bought of an auction for lulzy price). Now I can work on the GBA collection, but it'll be a bit difficult since I don't see Gen III offers on the sites I visit.

Thanks to emulators, I got to play Fire Red and Leaf Green, but thanks to my old computer, I didn't get to play Gen IV. I played Diamond a bit and that's it. When I bought a DS, I jumped straight to Gen V. I started Soul Silver on it, but kinda lost interest due to Gen V. I'll finish it soon though.

Years
  • Mine was Pokemon Yellow. It's a pretty funny story as to how I got it.

My dad works as a restaurant manager, and one day he found a special Pikachu Game Boy with a case and a bunch of games. Now, where he works, the rule is that if they have something in the lost and found and it hasn't been claimed for a certain amount of time, someone gets to keep it. So, my dad brought it home. I was a very happy child that day.

And so began my love affair with Pokemon. I honestly couldn't pick any game I would have rather started with. I had watched the anime a few times, so the characters and plot was something I was fairly familiar with.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Pokemon Gold. I found it in a hotel room we stayed in and thought "Hey, this looks cool!" and it was. (Of course, I kind of felt bad for whoever stayed in the room before us, who left their game there.)

Soon after that, I went out and bought Silver (with my own money! That's a big investment for a five/six-year-old, lol).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    my first game was gold and it was my favorite. i was 4 when i got it and im 13 but it took me a while to beat it. i dont know why. but then i got sapphire and then that was my favorite

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    The first one I personally owned was Yellow, so that's what I answered in the poll.
    However, I had previously played Blue version a lot.

Fun fact: When I went at flea market to get a Gameboy Color + a Pokémon Game, I looked at the games there were, saw Gold and wanted to take it, but someone else bought it just before I was able to get it.
    So I searched for another Pokémon game instead and settled for Yellow, because some other kid at school had Yellow too and I thought it was nice.

(Should have chosen Silver or Crystal instead, but meh.)

Nowadays, I hate Yellow and wouldn't touch it with a hundred meter pole.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • First was Silver. Then I went for the 1st generation games.
    Then I stopped playing and watching Pokémon and returned with Ruby.
    From that moment I've always played one of the 2 generation versions and the third version.

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game. However prior to getting Yellow, I played my cousin's Red and my brother's Blue all the time.

FlutterRaeg

The Cult of Personality
    Years
  • (Insert Image of Cartridge here, won't let me post images :\)

Pokemon Sapphire. I went back to play Silver and Yellow afterwards, but I've lost my Silver since and my Gameboy is long dead without a charger so I cannot check out my Yellow sadly. If only the DS Lite could run them, :P.

Edit- Why did me putting Pokemon Sapphire include a clickable hotlink to some eBay listing for Pokemon Pinball- Ruby and Sapphire? (Good game by the way I loved it but I ain't advertising, that is an ended auction anyway..).

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    For me it was Fire Red, how surprising it may be. After Fire Red I believe I played Yellow, then Ruby, and then so on and so on.

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • Yellow and Blue were my firsts, not that i was old enough to know how to play, but FR and LG were the first i actually beat :P

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • I'm fairly sure I started with Red, but maybe I started with Yellow. Not sure. I got into it when I was super young, I was way too young to beat the game myself, with my childlike mind and all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Pokemon Gold was my first game, when my cousin came in and lent me his Gold. It took me only 3 days to beat it and from there, I got pulled into the world of Pokemon.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Pokemon Ruby. :3 When I first really got into the Pokemon games, as well as Gen III~

Years
    • Seen today
    Mine was Pokémon Red. Yup, been a fan since the beginning. Booyah!

Back